Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone want to buy my reservation? Model Y Performance coming and I'm not ready

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got notice that my Midnight Silver MYP is on its way to the Jackson, MS delivery center. My job situation has put me in a position where I am not ready. The same car ordered today is priced significantly higher ($73,440 vs. $67,440). The car was ordered in March and I missed the first delivery. Is there a simple way to transfer this order to another party? Thanks in advance for any useful advice.
IMG_84B371CB094B-1.jpeg

I just got notice that my Midnight Silver MYP is on its way to the Jackson, MS delivery center. My job situation has put me in a position where I am not ready. The same car ordered today is priced significantly higher ($73,440 vs. $67,440). The car was ordered in March and I missed the first delivery. Is there a simple way to transfer this order to another party? Thanks in advance for any useful advice.
View attachment 840480
What is your VIN?

It looks like Tesla has placed the order on hold until December 26 which should put me in a better position with my job by that time. They took the VIN down so I couldn't share. Thanks to all for your comments. Happy motoring!
No way Tesla is putting the vehicle on a 4+ month hold with their current backlog.

I don’t see why they would extend beyond 3 days if you had a VIN. And I certainly don’t see why they would extend beyond end of the current quarter.

No way Tesla is putting the vehicle on a 4+ month hold with their current backlog.

I don’t see why they would extend beyond 3 days if you had a VIN. And I certainly don’t see why they would extend beyond end of the current quarter.
Seems strange to me too, but I had a VIN this morning, then on a text exchange I told them the soonest I would be ready would be December. They said they would ut it on hold until December. So this evening when I went to look up the VIN, It now says that my order is on hold until December 26. Crazy.

Seems strange to me too, but I had a VIN this morning, then on a text exchange I told them the soonest I would be ready would be December. They said they would ut it on hold until December. So this evening when I went to look up the VIN, It now says that my order is on hold until December 26. Crazy.

Doesn't matter what an SA does. I had a 6 month hold (I didn't even ask for this) but Tesla HQ forced an unhold 2 months later. Tesla will unhold your order at some random point and force a delivery. I think you have one hold max rule.