Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone willing to sell their Day 1 Model Y reservation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BrianZ

Supporting Member
May 30, 2018
California
Does anyone want to sell their Day 1 Model Y reservation? I reserved mine a month after the announcement, and I'll likely get mine months after a day 1 reservation holder. I now realize I want the Model Y ASAP, even if it means dealing with the early problems. If you have a day 1 reservation, and don't need/want it, please contact me. Thank you!

Does anyone want to sell their Day 1 Model Y reservation? I reserved mine a month after the announcement, and I'll likely get mine months after a day 1 reservation holder. I now realize I want the Model Y ASAP, even if it means dealing with the early problems. If you have a day 1 reservation, and don't need/want it, please contact me. Thank you!
As far as I know: reservations are NOT transferable.

IF you order the most expensive version of Model Y, history would tell us that you will be among the very first to get your order built.
(which color?? - perhaps red or standard? best to get the color you want as you may have your Model Y a long time.:cool:

expensive version = performance and largest battery
Please, others with actual experience please comment. (just my limited observations)

It does seem strange a model Y is so important as it only carries goods higher in the truck than a 3 but you loose the length of goods carried which to me is more important. For the odd occasion I need to carry bigger items I'll get it delivered or use a trailer once my 3 has Tesla's tow-bar installed. Model 3 has the looks the Y looks a little like a whale costing more to purchase over a M3

• Helpful
Reactions: Brando
As far as I know: reservations are NOT transferable.

IF you order the most expensive version of Model Y, history would tell us that you will be among the very first to get your order built.
(which color?? - perhaps red or standard? best to get the color you want as you may have your Model Y a long time.:cool:

expensive version = performance and largest battery
Please, others with actual experience please comment. (just my limited observations)

I heard you can transfer if you call in. But if not, I hope buying the performance will give me a bump.

It does seem strange a model Y is so important as it only carries goods higher in the truck than a 3 but you loose the length of goods carried which to me is more important. For the odd occasion I need to carry bigger items I'll get it delivered or use a trailer once my 3 has Tesla's tow-bar installed. Model 3 has the looks the Y looks a little like a whale costing more to purchase over a M3
Good idea just call fedex for the kids wife and the dog. Hmmm thats possibly doable :D

• Funny
Reactions: bnsfengineer

I have a Day 1 Model Y reservation... already have the email for delivery. Wife decided to keep her ICE car a little longer, hate for it to go to waste. Would you like it?

I have a reservation for a Model Y performance model, 5 seats, full self drive that I am looking to sell. Obviously, I don't know when it is coming, but I got an email today telling me to "prepare for delivery." I ordered the model Y on April 29, 2019. Original config was 7 seat, which I changed to 5. Changed the paint color to midnight black, if that affects delivery date. I live in the Washington DC metropolitan area. If interested, email me at [email protected] with your offer. The price for the car to Tesla is $68,990, excludes tax, registration, discounts and fees.