Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not having HW4 a Big Deal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, kinda looking for opinions on here. I just reserved a 2023 Model Y Long Range. It was a demo model that they discounted $5700 and has 1,900 miles. Looks like it was put into demo service in May and about 3 months. So, I'm saving a good chunk of change on the vehicle and has all the options I mostly want like the 3rd row, 20" wheels and tow hitch. It's blue with black interior but I can live with that.

Anyway, the sales rep confirmed for me the next day after I paid the $250 that it had hardware 3 and not HW4. I'm kinda bummed but I guess it has parking sensors so that's a plus? maybe? What would you do? I understand HW4 might not be worth $5700 to some so kinda want to guage opinions here. Do I keep the car or eat the $250 and keep looking?

So, kinda looking for opinions on here. I just reserved a 2023 Model Y Long Range. It was a demo model that they discounted $5700 and has 1,900 miles. Looks like it was put into demo service in May and about 3 months. So, I'm saving a good chunk of change on the vehicle and has all the options I mostly want like the 3rd row, 20" wheels and tow hitch. It's blue with black interior but I can live with that.

Anyway, the sales rep confirmed for me the next day after I paid the $250 that it had hardware 3 and not HW4. I'm kinda bummed but I guess it has parking sensors so that's a plus? maybe? What would you do? I understand HW4 might not be worth $5700 to some so kinda want to guage opinions here. Do I keep the car or eat the $250 and keep looking?
Unfortunately it probably doesn't have USS. Only ~2 weeks worth of 2023 production still had USS. So unless the car is from late October 2022 it won't have USS. It would probably need to be a PF58XXXX VIN to have USS. Probably low 58XXXX number.

The only thing I would like from HW4 is the higher resolution cameras for blindspot camera view. I don't care about FSD so any improvements the new cameras and CPU may bring to FSD eventually don't matter to me. That said, I can see cars fine with my HW3 cameras in the blindspot view so having the better resolution and better colors isn't a huge deal.

Unfortunately it probably doesn't have USS. Only ~2 weeks worth of 2023 production still had USS. So unless the car is from late October 2022 it won't have USS. It would probably need to be a PF58XXXX VIN to have USS. Probably low 58XXXX number.

The only thing I would like from HW4 is the higher resolution cameras for blindspot camera view. I don't care about FSD so any improvements the new cameras and CPU may bring to FSD eventually don't matter to me. That said, I can see cars fine with my HW3 cameras in the blindspot view so having the better resolution and better colors isn't a huge deal.
News keeps getting better... lol I was hoping at least for USS if i was giving up HW4. My VIN is PF782XXX so yeah... I'm still going to go check it out once my delivery date gets scheduled. If the wife still likes the car (she won't know any different) then we'll probably proceed with it. I appreciate all the responses!