Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone wondering about the "Coming Soon" Supercharger Stations in Florida?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BTW, I've also heard that Aventura Supercharger is to be in the Aventura Mall's new parking garage currently under construction. The Tesla store will also more from its current mall location into the mall expansion area. One of the mall owners is a Tesla driver, so there is an interest in catering to the EV community at that mall.
Thanks again for the information.

I found a couple of renderings of the new expansion area that show the new Tesla store.

Aventura Mall new store 1.jpg
Aventura Mall new store 2.jpg
Aventura Mall new expansion with garage.jpeg

New Expansion Garage on right.
Aventura Mall current directory.jpg

Here's the location of the current Tesla Store. The Directory map states that the Expansion Garage is now opened, so if the Supercharger is going there, and if they negotiate an agreement, then it might be possible to start construction now after getting building permits.

Larry

Supercharge.info reports that a Supercharger is under construction at 3851 Bird Road, Miami (almost in Coral Gables). This is the same location earlier noted as a service center. Tesla Motors, Inc is shown in several search sites as resident at that address. This is the location most recently postulated as the site of the famously delayed South Miami Service Center.

I am not in Miami now so I cannot physically go check. Perhaps another local resident can do so.

By the way, @DJ Frustration first found this location back in 2014! All that time, and it is not even actually in Coral Gables.:rolleyes: Perhaps our permit process rubbed off since it is so close.

Supercharge.info reports that a Supercharger is under construction at 3851 Bird Road, Miami (almost in Coral Gables). This is the same location earlier noted as a service center. Tesla Motors, Inc is shown in several search sites as resident at that address. This is the location most recently postulated as the site of the famously delayed South Miami Service Center.

I am not in Miami now so I cannot physically go check. Perhaps another local resident can do so.

By the way, @DJ Frustration first found this location back in 2014! All that time, and it is not even actually in Coral Gables.:rolleyes: Perhaps our permit process rubbed off since it is so close.

I believe that Supercharge.info reacted prematurely. We only have one photo that shows conduit which may Superchargers.

Miami Service Center?

When we obtain another photo showing Tesla equipment, then we will have confirmation.

Larry

Fort Myers
Regarding the "Coming Soon" Ft Myers Supercharger, it was reported on Facebook that there are paint markings at the existing Supercharger which may confirm that the new Supercharger Station is a planned expansion as we speculated in posting #53.

"The ground around them has red and yellow spray paint on the concrete that looks like planning for expansion."

Live Oak
Another Facebook posting shows that the newly operational Supercharger Station at Live Oak with 12 charging stall has conduit stubbed out for two future Superchargers there for a total of 16.

21106462_10105037348006179_9211648559261124014_n.jpg

Larry

Last edited:
Altamonte Springs
According to a member on Facebook the Eatonville Service Center told his friend that the "Coming Soon" Altamonte Springs Supercharger it will open in roughly three weeks. They didn't know where. Other members have speculated that it might be located near the Altamonte Mall perhaps near the Whole Foods. I haven't been able to locate any permits.

It would be appreciated if someone in the neighborhood could look for construction near the Altamonte Mall or Whole Foods.

Thanks.

Larry

Reactions: jrichey
Altamonte Springs
On Facebook Blakeleigh Bagwell reports:

Altamonte Springs GMD [Growth Management Department] county official confirms location in Renaissance shopping center near Whole Foods!!!! However, while expected to be approved, it hasn't been approved yet due to landscaping delay. They said, "3 weeks is very optimistic". When asked if it will be before the end of the year, "probably the approval" lol... Moving at the speed of government

Renaissance Centre
SR 436 & E. Altamonte Dr.,Altamonte Springs, FL 32701

383.png

Larry

Last edited:
Reactions: jrichey
Moderator's Note: I've changed the title from 4 to 27 new Superchargers to reflect yesterday's update by Tesla of the Find Us map that shows upcoming locations.

On this thread we will discuss where we think the new Superchargers are going and the pros and cons of various locations. As we confirm the actual locations via photos or other authoritative sources, I will move those confirmation postings to their own thread to monitor actual progress of the installation.

Tesla Updates New "Coming Soon" Supercharger Map for 2018

Larry

Last edited:
Reactions: jrreno
Still major gaps in central FL. There should be a charger in places like Okeechobee, Clewiston, Belle Glade, Sebring, Arcadia.... Need to fill those gaps. These are not immediate needs but I figured at least one or two of those places would make it on the planned locations map by end of 2018.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
Still major gaps in central FL. There should be a charger in places like Okeechobee, Clewiston, Belle Glade, Sebring, Arcadia.... Need to fill those gaps.

I'm not sure I would call those gaps and certainly not major gaps. You can actually drive from one Supercharger to the next, there is no gap in coverage. Would it be nice to have more, yes. A gap is something like Casa Grande, AZ to El Paso, TX on I-10 and Van Horn, TX to Ozona, TX. (Yes the Tesla map shows that they plan to fill those gaps, but they have been on the map for years.)

I'm not sure I would call those gaps and certainly not major gaps. You can actually drive from one Supercharger to the next, there is no gap in coverage. Would it be nice to have more, yes. A gap is something like Casa Grande, AZ to El Paso, TX on I-10 and Van Horn, TX to Ozona, TX. (Yes the Tesla map shows that they plan to fill those gaps, but they have been on the map for years.)

Yes, you are right... If you are driving coast to coast then back home and you encounter no prolonged delays and no unexpected road closures. But if your destination is somewhere in the middle of the state you will need to make a significant detour to find a charger. Or worse, you come across a road closure and have to divert from your planned route. Central FL (around lake okeechobee) is a L2 charging desert.

I've stated this before but most people on this forum are accustomed to knowing we only have (in most cases) one option for "refueling" on certain routes and being OK with that. Basically, trusting that Tesla will have that supercharger operational and there won't be a long line... We also put a lot of faith in the fact that the route we plot out will not have any adverse conditions or simply be shut down forcing us to take an unplanned and much longer route onto secondary roads. For those reasons, superchargers along remote secondary roads are vital to converting ICE owners that see gas stations nearly everywhere. People need to feel warm and fuzzy. Having a safety net along some secondary routes could alleviate this concern. This is important to Tesla's success. I am not saying we need them in every single city across the country or even in every single city I listed above, but there needs to be superchargers in a few of them. You know, cause things don't always go exactly as planned.

Again, these are not a priority for now but should be on Tesla's radar. I figured one or two would be in the plans by end of 2018 but the current map does not reflect this.

there are plenty of gaps, especially on the western side of the state from ocala to lake city there is nothing, for example cedar key is out of range for me without a 40+mile detour

Reactions: Racerx22b