Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone wondering about the "Coming Soon" Supercharger Stations in Florida?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Central Florida can use one! Right by Legoland would be fantastic, I know they are supposed to be putting up a Location in North Lakeland but that is pretty far from us. Another location would be Highway 27 close to I4 since thats two main highways that intersect plus they are doing a lot of development in that area!

Central Florida can use one! Right by Legoland would be fantastic, I know they are supposed to be putting up a Location in North Lakeland but that is pretty far from us. Another location would be Highway 27 close to I4 since thats two main highways that intersect plus they are doing a lot of development in that area!
Would be super cool if you could swing by and find someone to talk to at the new hotel that's going up near LegoLand, and see if they'd consider installing destination chargers.

jotango stated: how bout one by disneyworld?

Tesla has a supercharger planned for Celebration, FL which is very close (5 mi or so) to the Disney property.
The Sand Lake road superchargers in south Orlando at the Wa Wa store, which are open, are less than 10 miles away from Disney (7.5mi to Disney Springs) But I think some superchargers right on the Disney property itself would be nice also. Epcot does has a few nonSC charge point level 2 chargers in their huge parking lot.

But I think some superchargers right on the Disney property itself would be nice also.

It would be nice but a waste of money. You don't go to Disney for just 30-45mins. What I'd rather have is a huge bank of destination chargers at each park and a good amount at each hotel. Way cheaper and much more practical since Disney is a destination. Not someplace you just swing by for 30mins.

I work for one of the county governments in Florida. I tried to do an internal search for the superchargers in my county and let's just say that it is not the easiest thing to do - even from the inside! All I found were residential and some already completed commercial supercharger lots :(
Thanks for your effort.

Please keep a lookout for the "Coming Soon" Supercharger Station in Beach Park.

Larry

Went past yeehaw junction today. One of the two gas stations has been demo'd and it looks like they're building a big travel center. My money says that's where the yeehaw charger is going . Since there's no penalty for on/off at yeehaw, it makes sense to build a big one there for relief of fort drum.

Sounds plausible. I was speculating upthread about this in posting #56 a couple of years ago.

Is this the location of the Pilot Travel Center or the BP gas station?

Larry

Moderator's Note: I've changed the title to 21 "Coming Soon" Superchargers to reflect a recent update by Tesla of the Find Us map that shows upcoming locations.

Currently, in addition to these 21 "Coming Soon" Supercharger Stations in Florida, Florida has 38 operational Supercharger Stations with a total of 383 charging terminals.

Larry

Last edited:
The one coming soon on alligator Alley will be convenient.
It's funny, back in 2012, more than a year before we had any Supercharger Stations, I started a thread and suggested this location. At the time without a mature Supercharger network, most people probably correctly felt that new Superchargers should be placed at the east and west ends of Alligator Alley, not in the middle. Apparently, Tesla agreed because that's what happened. Now, it looks like the time for my suggestion has finally arrived.

Larry