Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

anyones any bulb gone out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello , new to Model 3. Coming from German ice cars that always threw a code on the dash when any bulb went out. The code would even tell which bulb is out (like left brake light, right side repeater indicator bulb etc). Does something similar happen in model 3. Will get some warning on the display when any bulb goes out ? Thanks

headlights and taillights are LEDs so its not like you are going to be replacing the bulb. If they malfunction, you will be replacing the entire housing. I have no idea if they throw a code or not, but "replacing the bulb" is not something that happens on any modern car, tesla or otherwise, in general.

Thanks Guys. Nice to know. Previous car BMW e92/N54 manual had bulbs and codes I mentioned hence asked. First EV. Cancelled my BMW I4 E40 order and got the M3 RWD instead for its nimble handling. E40 was too heavy , failed moose test, first year model -- hence many bugs will be expected and then some had battery thermal issue recalls. Waiting to see how this new rebate thingy plays out to see if I should trade in my M3 RWD and buy the same car again maybe as 2023 model instead of 2022 if it qualifies for the rebate.. There is some noise about LFP being Chinese battery and no rebate and what not..Lets see

No code will be thrown, but the car preview on your main screen (can't think of the correct name) will show you. For example, if your left tail light blinker no longer works, it will not illuminate on the screen same for headlights, etc..

No code will be thrown, but the car preview on your main screen (can't think of the correct name) will show you. For example, if your left tail light blinker no longer works, it will not illuminate on the screen same for headlights, etc..
Wow that's pretty cool but can be easily missed if there's nothing flashing or some visible indicator like tmps low tire pressure .. But now that I know they LED and last long time I don't have to really worry about it since I will be trading in to new Tesla before 4 year warranty runs out. As battery chemistry evolves next 4 years I am hoping this car will weigh even less in the future and improve on some things it lacks right now like high speed stability. Bit wobbly at high speeds. Right now as it stands I get the same joy I got when I drove a MT Cayman S