Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aodhan AFF7's on Model Y's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks to a lot of folks here on this forum..... I have decided to go with a square set up on my Model Y performance. At this point I am inclined towards Aodhan AFF7's 20x10.5 ET35 with 275/40/20 as in my opinion it gives a good balance of price, style etc. Also, whatever its worth, Single Phase Forging Construction, 24lbs per wheel.

What I am struggling is to get a sense of how well these wheels are made for a car of MYP's weight? Searching at various threads haven't seen many folks using this wheel (Googone20 has used Aodhan AFF7's 20x10.5 recently). I cant find much reviews about this outside of these forums too.
Anyone has experience with these wheels on Tesla's or on any similar cars before? Interested in their durability

I have just talked with Aodhan about the load rating for the AFF7 20x10.5 ET35 and it's 1653lbs, similar to the 20" TY115 from T Sportline. I guess you can treat them as the 20" Induction wheels and limit towing weight. I actually have the same set on order in matte bronze.

Thanks. I was also looking at are they more susceptible to pot hole damages/broken rims etc if they are of low quality
those look like the titan 7 ts-5-probably made same factory. titans are 22lbs though. love my titans so far

Thanks. I was also looking at are they more susceptible to pot hole damages/broken rims etc if they are of low quality

The only other post I've seen in detail on these wheels are in this forum post:

There is a person in this forum post that had the cast version of these rims (LS007, 19") with a lower profile tire and had it crack due to a pothole. Not sure how Aodhan's forging construction holds up to potholes and such as compared to their cast wheels.

The only other post I've seen in detail on these wheels are in this forum post:

There is a person in this forum post that had the cast version of these rims (LS007, 19") with a lower profile tire and had it crack due to a pothole. Not sure how Aodhan's forging construction holds up to potholes and such as compared to their cast wheels.
Thanks. Yes that is the cast version of the wheel. Reading through the post, I get a feeling that most of the wheels with those profile tires would have git similar damage. I also saw a you tube video about some one's cracked wheel from a pothole company not replacing it. As long it holds up to regular road conditions and smaller potholes etc, AFF7 forged wheels could be a great option given the price point?

Thanks. Yes that is the cast version of the wheel. Reading through the post, I get a feeling that most of the wheels with those profile tires would have git similar damage. I also saw a you tube video about some one's cracked wheel from a pothole company not replacing it. As long it holds up to regular road conditions and smaller potholes etc, AFF7 forged wheels could be a great option given the price point?
Yeah I think so. On Aodhan's blog, it's advanced flow forging (hence AFF), so not technically forged. But we do have a larger profile tire, which is a plus, and it's much cheaper to replace if we get damage due to a massive pothole.

Wow...didn't realize that a 275 40 tire size will comfortably go into a 9" wheel.

See Wondering what could be the widest tires that can go without any issues on a 20x10.5" wheel for a Model Y Performance on a square set up?

ok, a Model 3 question, would you go with AFF2 or AFF7 on a BLACK Model 3? Would you go with Black or Bronze??? Thinking AFF7, looks more aggressive, in black, though bronze would be cool, but harder to resell if needed.

Thoughts?

Here are a couple:
PXL_20211129_173136109~2.jpg

PXL_20211202_192455183~2.jpg

PXL_20211130_180523598~2.jpg