Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP Wheel and Tire Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, long time lurker first time posting. I have a blue 23 MYP coming at the end of February and I'm not a fan of the 21" uberturbine wheels. Even though I'm in FL (so roads are flat and we have 1 season lol) I already don't like the ride quality and curb rash would be a major fear whenever my wife drives lol.

Wheels:
To shake things up I want to run a square setup with 19" bronze wheels and Michelin PS4 tires. I've narrowed down the wheels to Martian MW05 (19x9 +34mm 23LBS) or Fast FC04 (19x9.5 +35mm 20LBS). I know the Martian wheels are fully forged but I dont need the forged benefits as I won't be tracking the car. So does anyone have any feedback on the Fast wheels or the company in general? Im not finding much... Or should I reconsider the MW05s?

Tires:
I've read a ton of posts and I know with the offsets above that either 275/65 (33lbs) or 265/45 (30lbs) will fit no problem. I'm more interested if anyone could comment on the range or wh/mi difference I might notice vs stock? The stock uberturbines + tires are 64lbs F and 68lbs R. I'm leaning towards the 275/45 and Fast FC04 so total weight will be ~54lbs (10lbs F and 14lbs R less than stock). So do you think this would really hurt the wh/mi? What about 0-60 acceleration, I'd think it would be quicker in the 3.2-3.3 range?

I always make sure to do a ton of research before asking a question so I guess I'm really just looking for some feedback and thoughts. Either way I'll post pics when it's done! Looking forward to joining the Tesla crowd!!

Thanks, Drew.

Fast FC04Fast Competition FC04 Wheels for Tesla - Titanium (Set of 4)

Martian MW05
19x9.0

The ride quality of the PMY has improved since Tesla changed the suspension of the Long Range and Performance Model Y near the end of 2022. As a baseline you might want to drive the PMY with the factory wheels for a short time, then decide whether to change.

Smaller, lighter wheels may provide lower 0 to 60 time but probably not much more than 0.1 sec better versus the 21" Uberturbine wheels. Performance time would still be around ~3.5 seconds. Many times the stock wheels on the PMY have yielded ~3.6 seconds. The PMY is not a 3.3 or 3.2 second vehicle.

Smaller, lighter wheels, similar tire rubber compounds may yield as much as 9% to 10% better efficiency than the 21" Uberturbine setup. Squared setup will not improve efficiency as this would be heavier than stock (front) and have a wider cross sectional area at the front wheels.

Reactions: Mr_Joe
I just dumped my Uberturbines on my 22 MYP and couldn't be happier. For one, the rear OEM Pirellis were down to 1/8" tread depth after only 6500 miles. I didn't care for the jarring ride, and hated to deal with rim-rash issues. All that is gone now. Stance FS03 19x8.5 wheels (23lb) all around. Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 tires in 255/45/19. Ride is much smoother. Efficiency is the same. No effect on range. As quiet as the Pirellis. Handles bumps much better and I have at least a little protection from rim-rash. Unique looks! Can't tell if it's quicker off the line, but physics would dictate it has to be true. Best upgrade I've made to date.

Attachments

• S05.jpg
    S05.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 656
  • S01.jpg
    S01.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 482
Look at my previous posts - i’m rocking a 20x10 ET40 square setup for my winter tires that are 275/40R20, no rubbing issues whatsoever.

The wheels are TSW Pescara in bronze and weights 28 lbs each.

The difference from stock 21s is that the front has a 6mm poke and the rear has 2mm - which are pretty negligible if you want to rotate your tires.

Reactions: SpicyPaneer
Look at my previous posts - i’m rocking a 20x10 ET40 square setup for my winter tires that are 275/40R20, no rubbing issues whatsoever.

The wheels are TSW Pescara in bronze and weights 28 lbs each.

The difference from stock 21s is that the front has a 6mm poke and the rear has 2mm - which are pretty negligible if you want to rotate your tires.
Hey I looked at your pics, do you have any showing how much they stick out (if any) from the body? I see yours are +40mm and I'm looking at 20x9.5 but they have +35mm or +45mm in the same style.

I think +45mm would be better and I can run a 5mm spacer if really needed...

Hey I looked at your pics, do you have any showing how much they stick out (if any) from the body? I see yours are +40mm and I'm looking at 20x9.5 but they have +35mm or +45mm in the same style.

I think +45mm would be better and I can run a 5mm spacer if really needed...
hey, the photo below might show you how they sit and for me imo they’re perfect!
7gIaydj.jpg

If you get 9.5 width but have 35ET it would probably sit the same as mine. Getting a 40 offset would make it sit nearer the strut.
I would use the offset calculator and plug in your OEM offset and widths then calculate your aftermarket wheels. This will give you how far/near they will sit relevant to the inner fender.

Many months before I took delivery (June '22), I ordered two sets of 19" tSpotline wheels, one for summer, one for winter and a set of snow tires. I feared supply chain issues might make it difficult to find snow tires and with a PY, if took delivery in the winter and got summer tires, the 250 mile trip home when taking delivery, could be interesting. (Hoping for 4680 batteries, I pushed my delivery out as long as possible and changed from a LRY to PY in the last month.)

I found the OEM p-Zero tires much more comfortable than the 18's that came on my LR 3 and haven't felt the desire to buy new tires to use the new rims. In fact, I think the p-Zero's might ride better than my snows on 19" rims, which doesn't sound right. I run 45 psi on both.

Don't buy new rims until you give the OEM ones a chance. With the new comfort suspension, it might not be a problem.

Im about to order model Y P ,confusing to pick LR or P ,I may go with Performance. Hi you all , any idea if I order P 21” wheel then swapping with TSS 19” wheels? because I like the smooth drive in 19” and the power of performance, thank you

Last edited:
Im about to order model Y P ,confusing to pick LR or P ,I may go with Performance. Hi you all , any idea if I order P 21” wheel then swapping with TSS 19” wheels? because I like the smooth drive in 19” and the power of performance, thank you
TST 19" wheels for the Model Y should fit the PMY if you go with the OE size 255/45R-19 tires. If you opt for a different size 19" tires you would need to verify clearances.

Thank you for replying, I have bought 19” TSS package wheel & tire at T-sportline comparable to Tesla model Y , don’t know if it affected with milage range and speeding speed
Better than the 21" wheels. Perhaps not as efficient as the Tesla 19" Gemini wheels. The Gemini wheels used on the LRMY come with the Gemini wheel covers that improves highway efficiency by ~4%.

So after more research I think I want to run 20" and 4.3" sidewall as I personally think it looks better than a 19" on these cars. Also I've heard Martian wheels weights are under reported.

The search continues...
first thing I did is change out the tires on my 20" inductions to 275/40/20 for the 4.35" sidewall height (that and the extra rubber on the road), went with DWS06 plus. new take offs with 22 miles on them up for sale here (shameless plug!), looking to get the Apex forged wheels after the Ohlins GT's go on.

Attachments

• IMG_0063.jpeg
    IMG_0063.jpeg
    823.2 KB · Views: 342
first thing I did is change out the tires on my 20" inductions to 275/40/20 for the 4.35" sidewall height (that and the extra rubber on the road), went with DWS06 plus. new take offs with 22 miles on them up for sale here (shameless plug!), looking to get the Apex forged wheels after the Ohlins GT's go on.
Wow, 19.6 lbs for 20" wheels. That's 3 lbs lighter than the 19" Enkeis I got. But they also cost more than 3x the Enkeis.

Only 22 miles? Dang, I got almost 600 by the time I got my new wheels/tires, but I guess it's cause I waited till I curbed the OE wheels to order a new set.

That said, I do like how the Inductions fit with 275 tires. Looks nice.

Reactions: GreenCoffee
Hi all, long time lurker first time posting. I have a blue 23 MYP coming at the end of February and I'm not a fan of the 21" uberturbine wheels. Even though I'm in FL (so roads are flat and we have 1 season lol) I already don't like the ride quality and curb rash would be a major fear whenever my wife drives lol.

Wheels:
To shake things up I want to run a square setup with 19" bronze wheels and Michelin PS4 tires. I've narrowed down the wheels to Martian MW05 (19x9 +34mm 23LBS) or Fast FC04 (19x9.5 +35mm 20LBS). I know the Martian wheels are fully forged but I dont need the forged benefits as I won't be tracking the car. So does anyone have any feedback on the Fast wheels or the company in general? Im not finding much... Or should I reconsider the MW05s?

Tires:
I've read a ton of posts and I know with the offsets above that either 275/65 (33lbs) or 265/45 (30lbs) will fit no problem. I'm more interested if anyone could comment on the range or wh/mi difference I might notice vs stock? The stock uberturbines + tires are 64lbs F and 68lbs R. I'm leaning towards the 275/45 and Fast FC04 so total weight will be ~54lbs (10lbs F and 14lbs R less than stock). So do you think this would really hurt the wh/mi? What about 0-60 acceleration, I'd think it would be quicker in the 3.2-3.3 range?

I always make sure to do a ton of research before asking a question so I guess I'm really just looking for some feedback and thoughts. Either way I'll post pics when it's done! Looking forward to joining the Tesla crowd!!

Thanks, Drew.

Fast FC04Fast Competition FC04 Wheels for Tesla - Titanium (Set of 4)

Martian MW05
19x9.0
Fast claims the FC04 “made for model Y”. But comes with hub centering rings. 😂

Just chiming in here on the Fast FC04 to try to offer some info, as we have some experience selling many of these wheels for Tesla as well as other vehicles.

The FC04 was introduced first in 2014. They were initially intended as Fast Wheels’ competition model, being their lightest wheel at any diameter the produce. The FC04 comes in blanks where the bolt pattern is drilled to order. They are a multi-fit wheel designed with maximum brake caliper clearance in mind to work with many high-performance vehicles. It is unfortunate if any marketing is making it seem as if it is a “made for Model Y” product as they do require hub centric ring and aftermarket lug nuts for many applications.

Not here trying to sway anyone one way or another, or justify these as being the best wheels for your Model Y Performance. But these are excellent wheels overall and Fast also offers other Tesla direct fit models under their FastEV line.