Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aotopilot speed restrictions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have AP1 on my 16 90D S, on regular 2 lane roads the AP will limit the speed to 10km over the posted speed, on divided highways there is no such limit. I can drive in AP at 140km (85mph) if I wish. A friend of mine with a new 3 AP/FSD says his car on AP is always limited to the 10km over the posted limit, divided highway or not. Is this true..... you cruise the 401 or I95 at 110km or 66mph??

I have AP1 on my 16 90D S, on regular 2 lane roads the AP will limit the speed to 10km over the posted speed, on divided highways there is no such limit. I can drive in AP at 140km (85mph) if I wish. A friend of mine with a new 3 AP/FSD says his car on AP is always limited to the 10km over the posted limit, divided highway or not. Is this true..... you cruise the 401 or I95 at 110km or 66mph??
On my Raven, if I engage Autopilot while running 85, or any other speed, It will set for that speed. If running at 5 over the limit, I can adjust the speed up with the control lever just like TACC.

Reactions: Seawind300