Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD 12.3.3 first drive - safe, super boring

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find FSD to be amazing, but with some serious caveats:

In the rain on the highway it slows to the point I feel I have to turn it off. Then I’m stuck without cruise.

If I don’t hold down the turn signal long enough while changing lanes it aggressively veers back to the original lane.

It sometimes slows down to 20mph in a 55. Don’t know why.

When I sometimes signal a lane change it turns itself off.

Wipers.

All that being said, I have found that the whole system seems to be working better; no phantom breaking, fewer nags. It’s impressive, really. Personally, I feel I just need to manage it better. Don’t think, however, that I’ll purchase it.

I find FSD to be amazing, but with some serious caveats:

In the rain on the highway it slows to the point I feel I have to turn it off. Then I’m stuck without cruise.

If I don’t hold down the turn signal long enough while changing lanes it aggressively veers back to the original lane.

It sometimes slows down to 20mph in a 55. Don’t know why.

When I sometimes signal a lane change it turns itself off.

Wipers.

All that being said, I have found that the whole system seems to be working better; no phantom breaking, fewer nags. It’s impressive, really. Personally, I feel I just need to manage it better. Don’t think, however, that I’ll purchase it.
Yeah, there's still some issue I noticed where it just lingers at 20 below the speed limit seemingly for no reason. Clear traffic all around, just.... lingers.

Yeah, they got me by the **** now. ooof. I'm curious if the "Supervised" is $99. Then will they be releasing full hands/eyes free FSD for $200?
Good thing with $99 is you can bail out if it’s not for you. I presume the full price option doesn’t do refunds. So seems mad to me but anyone would buy without trying it first.

Just hope don’t crash, good luck with trying to claim that on the insurance now Elon has labelled it Supervised FSD (it’s a name but it’s not FULL surely)

Elon is human, just a very complex one. Has great engineers working on this who do the real work but get be very little public thanks or acknowledgement for their work

In Uk Ford’s Mustang Mach-e is allowed to be driven unsupervised on Highways and Tesla is not even close to getting that.

I remember the time Ford was advertising this feature but fine print mentioned that the driver is responsible for the curves on the highway 🤣
I agree it’s Ford and it’s probably crap, but regardless they have approval in the UK be driven unsupervised on Highways only
Tesla don’t and even if someone paid for FSD the car now checks and enforces Supervision.

I don’t have FSD (or beta) but do you get any phantom braking events (70-0) in FSD which people report for Autopilot

Are FSD decisions made by the Car or some super powerful AI server that relays back to the car?