Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP, EAP, FSD - Looking for some information

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I bought my RWD LR in June 2018 without any extra software features, just "Base". I've been saving for AP and yesterday finally pulled the trigger for the $3k.

When I received my 1 wk demo for AP back in like, September 2018 or something like that, it included automatic lane change. I was surprised to find out that is no longer included with AP, or is only available in EAP.

I'm not entirely sure how to get EAP, it's not listed on the website as a purchase option. Wikipedia has some information on it's history, but nothing totally clear about the demarcation of when it was included or how to get it now.

I know FSD will basically unlock everything, but I'm not interested in purchasing that. From what I understand, all of it's features aren't completed yet either.

I'm sure I'll get some flack for "not completely researching it before purchasing" but to be honest the website purchase page implies that you're getting more than just TACC and Autosteer. Even the manual says how to enable Auto Lane change assuming you've enable Autosteer. I kind of feel like I was lead on here, through the demo and the website.

Am I missing something? Should I just call for a refund? I'm not upset, I'm just trying to get more information and advice from the community. I bought this car pre-order and I did expect a little more love from Tesla for users who paid launch prices and dealt with early build issues.

Part of me is hopefully that they'll add some feature upgrades to normal AP.

Obviously I really wish I had just bought EAP for $2k back in the day, but it is what it is.

Thanks for the replies.

When was EAP 2k? On my 11/2018 Model 3, at that time there WAS no "AP". Only "Enhanced autopilot" (EAP) and FSD. EAP at that time was 5k, and FSD was 3k more. In april of this year, it was split out and "EAP" ceased to exist. Around that time, FSD was offered as a 2k upgrade for people who had EAP already (thus paid the 5k already).

You could have bought "AP" for 2k back in april of this year I believe, but that was only the same thing you bought now.

I would also not expect much of anything for AP, because tesla still is installing all the sensors and such in all the cars. They might at some point let you purchase parts of FSD ala carte, but I doubt you will see any new features in the AP you just bought.

Saying that, its hard to figure out what tesla will do. I think its more likely FSD gets cheaper than it is you get extra features in AP, but thats just my feeling.

When was EAP 2k? On my 11/2018 Model 3, at that time there WAS no "AP". Only "Enhanced autopilot" (EAP) and FSD. EAP at that time was 5k, and FSD was 3k more. In april of this year, it was split out and "EAP" ceased to exist. Around that time, FSD was offered as a 2k upgrade for people who had EAP already (thus paid the 5k already).

You could have bought "AP" for 2k back in april of this year I believe, but that was only the same thing you bought now.

I would also not expect much of anything for AP, because tesla still is installing all the sensors and such in all the cars. They might at some point let you purchase parts of FSD ala carte, but I doubt you will see any new features in the AP you just bought.

Saying that, its hard to figure out what tesla will do. I think its more likely FSD gets cheaper than it is you get extra features in AP, but thats just my feeling.

Correct. The 'sale' last Feb/Mar was $2k for AP. EAP was $5k at time of initial purchase, and was phased out.

Yeah I think you're correct as well. I guess that's my primary issue, I didn't fully understand the delineation between EAP and AP.

I'm sure I'll get some flack for "not completely researching it before purchasing" but to be honest the website purchase page implies that you're getting more than just TACC and Autosteer. Even the manual says how to enable Auto Lane change assuming you've enable Autosteer. I kind of feel like I was lead on here, through the demo and the website.

Am I missing something? Should I just call for a refund? I'm not upset, I'm just trying to get more information and advice from the community. I bought this car pre-order and I did expect a little more love from Tesla for users who paid launch prices and dealt with early build issues.
I get that, it isn't really clear imho. Although for me TACC and autosteer are the only options I want.