Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP hugs left line (new development)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model 3 with AP 2.5 has been hugging the left lane line quite significantly. The UI shows this so the car should be aware of it, but does nothing to center in the lane. Sometimes it's fine, but other's it's not. 50/50%.

I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but it seemed to happen after a car wash.

Any ideas?

Have you looked at your repeater video and compared the 2? Probably not the best indicator but is something to check. Likely will need to schedule a service since it is very doubtful there is anything you can do. Other than reboot or wait on an update to see if it corrects.

Two things. First, recently I heard that at some point those of us that purchased Enhanced Auto Pilot will get a new controller or widget of some type to make the car more FSD capable. Second, how does one determine if their Tesla Model 3 has AP 2.5 and what is the difference from 2.0?

Two things. First, recently I heard that at some point those of us that purchased Enhanced Auto Pilot will get a new controller or widget of some type to make the car more FSD capable. Second, how does one determine if their Tesla Model 3 has AP 2.5 and what is the difference from 2.0?
Never heard of a controller or widgets. The only thing is people who have HW2.5 (there is no HW2 in Model 3's) will be updated to HW3.x before FSD is available. Also if your videos are recorded in H.265 (HEVC) then you have HW3. HW2.5 uses H.264 MPEG.

Also if you have a March 19 delivery then you all but certain have HW2.5.

Our 3 hugs the left lane line when exiting the freeway fairly often. This is a new behavior for the last one or two FW releases. The display shows us hugging the left in a very wide lane. The first time this happened it actually touched the line. Not as bad after that. But it centers in the lane properly when just driving on the freeway or other surface streets.