Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP Suggestion: Maximize Regen distance setting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think the "7" distance setting is far enough for my tastes in some situations. I'd like farther, maybe a "maximize Regen" setting that leaves a big enough gap that Regen brakes could be used for most breaking situations (obviously not including emergency situations). Give me a setting that has a far better chance of adjusting via regen vs friction and I'd probably be happy with the resulting increased distance.

Anyone else find 7 not enough in some cases?

1 pedal driving is already being rolled out with a software update for M3 and raven models. I was just reading a thread where a an owner posted pics of the release notes and commented on loving 1 pedal driving. It only works on cars with permanent magnet motors (M3 and raven models)

The hope is that they can increase regen when on AP and reduce use of foundation brakes. I don't like how much AP uses the foundation brakes, it should be able to make better use of regen even have stronger regen than when driving manually. It should really only need to use foundation brake for panic stops and the last few feet to come to a complete stop. Oh and when the battery isn't able to absorb the energy (cold are already fully charged).

I would like that and I would like the stopping distance setting separate from the follow distance. I normally use 5 on follow but would prefer it stop a bit closer to the car in front in stop and go traffic. It is hit or miss on if it will let me override it with the go pedal. Sometimes it will let me creep up some other times it fights and makes it really jumpy.