Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP vs Squirrel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting thing happened this morning on my way to work: I was on a four-lane surface street in AP when I saw a black squirrel (with an acorn in its mouth) run into the street from the left, crossing two lanes of traffic. He then continued to run right out in front of me. I'm thinking road kill. My model S hit the brakes moderately, and just for a second. The squirrel continued to the curb unharmed and flipped me off (nah...)

Has anyone else had a similar experience. I've logged about 30K miles and the is the first time my car has responded to a rodent in its path.

Reactions: GlmnAlyAirCar
I've had it happen with a suicidal bird. Large pigeon was flying low with a few others, and the others arced up as they approached the street, but this one kept low and the car gave a little brake, like it didn't know what to do, just for a moment, then resumed. I'm sure it was an aberration in my case, but I thought I'd toss it here with your experience.