Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP2 Auto-Headlights grrrr...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Slightly off topic, but when I first got the car, other drivers were getting annoyed by my dipped headlights and I asked for them to be realigned during a visit to a service centre. People are complaining again.

1. Can the alignment be thrown out by a software update?
2. I know they can be adjusted in Controls > Service > Adjust Headlights, but there are many warnings that you shouldn’t try this unless you know what you are doing. Is this something that any of you do yourselves, and if so, how?

Just had a random thought about this. Reading the thread made me a bit upset because my current headlights are stunning and it seems I'm going to be missing out a lot

However, with regards to reflections from road signs: I imagine many cars suffer from this. Mine does, its just the effect is minimised because it only dips the LEDs that are creating the glare, the rest stay on full beam. Maybe the "Neural Net" can be taught to learn that in a way that other cars sensors can't? Maybe it will improve.

Unfortunately if you’ve been used to a decent set of matrix headlights then the lights on the M3 will come as a sad disappointment. The fact that they are slow to respond has been documented many times on this forum, and having every chevron sign switch them to low beam is downright annoying. A software update might improve this, though it clearly hasn’t for the last 18 months, but what can’t change is the fact that the lights are rather puny, bog standard LED headlights. It’s a big step backwards for me.

Tesla doesn’t have the capacity yet to build significantly differently specced cars for different markets, except obviously for LHD and RHD. As matrix headlights are currently not legal in the US they won’t be coming here anytime soon. I’m rather hoping, though, that Gigafactory Berlin might change that. Unless it does we’ll just have to be content with last decade’s technology.

Unfortunately if you’ve been used to a decent set of matrix headlights then the lights on the M3 will come as a sad disappointment. The fact that they are slow to respond has been documented many times on this forum, and having every chevron sign switch them to low beam is downright annoying. A software update might improve this, though it clearly hasn’t for the last 18 months, but what can’t change is the fact that the lights are rather puny, bog standard LED headlights. It’s a big step backwards for me.

Tesla doesn’t have the capacity yet to build significantly differently specced cars for different markets, except obviously for LHD and RHD. As matrix headlights are currently not legal in the US they won’t be coming here anytime soon. I’m rather hoping, though, that Gigafactory Berlin might change that. Unless it does we’ll just have to be content with last decade’s technology.
:(