Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

API returning wrong option codes

DrJFoster

Aug 27, 2019
UK
I thought I'd got this working as the API returns the VIN and the name of my car but the option codes are for a completely different car. As its all within the JSON response it seems like its the API reply and not me. Can anyone confirm if they're seeing the same?

Thanks

DrJFoster

Aug 27, 2019
UK
Thanks Jason, we're either both doing it wrong, Tesla have a problem with the API or there are new client id and client_secrets

KWReid

Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, BC
I checked the option codes of my Model S, but they changed for a Model 3 (MDL3)

I'm seeing something similar. Took my X in for to fix a rattle, they upgraded FSD computer to HW3. I went to the API to check on the optino codes and... MDL3? APF3? That's not my car. Other data on the vehicles call shows my correct car name. Details call seems to grab my cars details, but the get-vehicles call option codes aren't correct.

PatrickCH4313

Mar 6, 2016
Argovie, CH
I'm seeing something similar. Took my X in for to fix a rattle, they upgraded FSD computer to HW3. I went to the API to check on the optino codes and... MDL3? APF3? That's not my car. Other data on the vehicles call shows my correct car name. Details call seems to grab my cars details, but the get-vehicles call option codes aren't correct.
Still wrong data today for my Model S.

brianman

Burrito Founder
Nov 10, 2011
Option codes have been having issues for a while on the REST API. Been mentioned on the REST API thread multiple times.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC