Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App commands keep failing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else having problems with the app?
Cant change settings for the last 24 hours or so, keep getting a message that " Command failed"
Screenshot_20231128_160101_Tesla.jpg

I think there's a general bug knocking around that Tesla can;t wake up the car if the car has had a dodgy mobile signal/ Not sure on the specifics but it sounds like once the car sim starts to roam it gets stuck easily and you need to do the scroll wheel reset or visit somewhere with a greaat signal.

Doesn't help much other than to suggest its probably not you, its them

Similar defrost issue here this morning at 0730 - M3 - assumed servers glitchy - car should’ve been on WiFi although can’t be sure.
Mine was the same, but as I understand it, if the cars go to sleep, Wi-Fi doesn’t matter, the car requires a text message to wake it up and once awake, the Wi-Fi gets used. The issue I’ve read is the text message isn’t getting through.

Reactions: Adopado
Thanks George - that would match our experience. Other-half had to go out and stand by car to get it online - and our area isn’t the greatest mobile signal wise. First time it’s happened (2023.38.6 here last week or two IIRC)

Yes had this recently. Car didn't lock for some reason and couldn't connect to lock it remotely. Thankfully it was on our driveway and in a reasonably secure area. But I only managed to lock it when I got home several hours later. First time I've had it and we just did an update last week.

I have this from time to time on my Samsung S23. I make sure I always force close the app when I'm done, and start it afresh.

From time to time, I do have to reboot the phone. I've given up moaning about it and just accept that the app is a bit $hit.

And yes, everything is latest versions.

I've had this happen a lot ever since I got my Model 3 (in the US). It's particularly consistent when I try to turn the climate on from the phone app or change the departure schedule. I've learned to wait to verify it worked after tapping in the command. With climate in particular it sometimes takes up to three or four tries before it gets going.

And it happens regardless of whether the car is in the garage at home or parked at work or elsewhere.