Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App is not connecting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi I used to use my app to pre-condition my car, check on charging status, etc.
Now the only option on the app that works is the controls, but I can't use if for anything else
It seems that the app is not connecting to my car. Any thoughts on what to do?

I’ve had the same problem since yesterday afternoon- no problems at all previously but now the app continues to spin and says “Last seen x hours ago”. No ability to start climate controls, location hasn’t updated, and no ability to view live cameras on sentry mode. I can unlock and drive the car using my phone as a key normally, just no app connection to the car.

Upvote 0
This has been happening to me also. Tesla went to my house for service, and they couldn't open the car. I was at work, and they called me and asked me to open the car. I couldn't.

My app says "last seen three days ago." Last time, I tried signing out of the app, i took the app of my phone, nothing. The only thing that worked was holding both wheels and restarting the car.

This is my second 2022 MYP. This didn't happen with my other MYP over 16k miles. It has happened multiple times in the past month with this one, and is frustrating.

Upvote 0
This has been happening to me also. Tesla went to my house for service, and they couldn't open the car. I was at work, and they called me and asked me to open the car. I couldn't.

My app says "last seen three days ago." Last time, I tried signing out of the app, i took the app of my phone, nothing. The only thing that worked was holding both wheels and restarting the car.

This is my second 2022 MYP. This didn't happen with my other MYP over 16k miles. It has happened multiple times in the past month with this one, and is frustrating.
I think it's the current software release. This has literally never happened to me in the last 2 years, but has happened twice so far with the current firmware version.

Upvote 0
I've also been having issues for several months connecting from the App to the car (across multiple phones, Android/iOS, app reinstalls, service calls, system/computer replacements, etc.)

The only thing that works for me is to reboot the car when I park it away from a wifi connection, and then remember to do that after each time it goes into drive.

More details: No app connectivity until I reboot with both scroll wheels

Upvote 0