Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App not working again?

brkaus

Jul 8, 2014
Austin, TX
I can access both of mine.

Doesn't mater if you are in the car or 100 miles away. The app talks to Tesla servers and the Tesla servers talk to the car. (**)

Does the car show cellular signal bars?

(**) The locking/unlocking function is direct bluetooth. Everything else is over the internet.

brkaus

Jul 8, 2014
Austin, TX
I'd hesitate to suggest logging out/in to the app but that might fix it. If you do, make sure you have the key card with you. If you are unable to log back in due to Tesla server issues, the bluetooth lock/unlock functionality is deauthorized and you're stuck.

McFlurri

Apr 27, 2016
Kitchener, Ontario
Just restarted phone, turned on airplane mode, and uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Finally got it to work.

I thought it might have been an issue with Tesla's servers again.

Thanks for the help

brkaus

Jul 8, 2014
Austin, TX
Just restarted phone, turned on airplane mode, and uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Finally got it to work.

I thought it might have been an issue with Tesla's servers again.

Thanks for the help
Glad it works! We are also in different regions so we could be hitting different servers, etc. One never knows...

Reactions: McFlurri

McFlurri

Apr 27, 2016
Kitchener, Ontario
Glad it works! We are also in different regions so we could be hitting different servers, etc. One never knows...

Just had the same issue again today seems like a problem with my LTE. Just keeps connecting and disconnecting over and over again. I have no traffic data, no streaming music, no ablilty to preheat the car or use summon.

So.. at least its not an issue with the app... lol

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC