Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App Notification in Case of Accident

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious about this too. I was in a virtual 'get to know your tesla' meeting, the host mentioned that in a hard impact event (air bags deployed?), Tesla will be notified and attempt to call you 3 times at the number on your file. If no response, emergency services will be notified. Similar to OnStar. She did preface this statement that she hasn't fully verified if this is currently active or if not, it will be soon. I'd hope that there would be an option to notify any others tied/connected to your account or maybe an emergency contact list to be notified by at least a pop up or txt msg alert.

Ok, I would never make fun of something serious like a car accident, but something about the idea of opening my app and seeing the graphic of my car upside-down, or status as "in a tree" struck me as really funny...

That being said, I would hope that they have some kind of status on the app that indicates airbag deployment has occurred. Couple that with the ability to remotely view the cameras (maybe even the interior cam), and that could be life-saving.