Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 Users, 1 Acct, 2fa?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sharing an account means you both have access to manage service requests.

Some authenticator apps let you easily export the secret key information (Google authenticator is one of them). Importing that into another phone lets them both generate working tokens.

Remember that if you lose either phone, you should revoke and replace the authorization.

Alternatively, Tesla supports having two registered devices. You could register both your devices with separate tokens.

Hmm. I seem to remember an advantage in using only one account, but I can't remember what it is right now. Anyone?

Secondary accounts used to not have access to multiple things, but that has been changed:

====================================

You can use the Tesla app to add and remove permissions for additional drivers who may use your Tesla vehicle. If you add a driver, that driver will have access to most Tesla app features for your vehicle except the ability to add or remove drivers, manage payment methods, purchase upgrades, view charging history and access insurance information. Tesla app features available to the additional drivers include:
  • Vehicle access
  • Service scheduling, review and history
  • In-app messages
  • Roadside assistance
  • Vehicle location information
==================================

As for will it work with 2 people using 1 account and 2FA, I think it "might" be able to work, if only because Tesla allows you to have 2 different phones with 2FA attached to one account (I have my work phone, which is an iPhone, and my personal phone, which is Android both attached to my own Tesla account).

I wouldnt do it though, I would have a separate account for my wife (in fact, I already have a separate account for my wife). We each have separate tesla accounts and are both drivers on both cars. Makes it better for things like music, profiles, pretty much everything. There isnt any real reason to share an account now.