Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App shows doors open when they are closed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The iPhone app for my model X shows the front trunk and the driver door are both open. I have repeatedly opened and firmly closed both doors, and when I am in the car and driving, the car itself does not indicate that either door is open. Because of this faulty indication on the app, I am unable to turn on climate or lock the car. I've signed in and out of the app and it hasn't made a difference. My husband also has the app on his phone and it is showing the same, that both doors are open, even though they are closed.

Any suggestions?

This might sound like a dumb question but I just want to make sure. Did the app successfully connect to your car or does it show a loading icon at the bottom? If it's loading, the app shows a previous visual of you car (maybe from when you had the door open).

Otherwise, just reboot the screen on the car because that fixes most bugs (hold down the two scroll wheels on the steering wheel until the screen goes black and it will turn back on on its own). If that still doesn't work, check the App Store for an update or delete the app and re-download it.

Some of these type of odd bugs seem to appear in updates and are only fixed by subsequent updates. My S display will show open trunk on car when in fact it is rear passenger door, a known bug created in a recent software update. I love updates but would be ok with missing at least half of them, especially the ones raced out for holidays. (Don’t get me started with the current ponging on my S’ autopilot.)

My app wont unlock my doors, pop my trunk/frunk. But it will do everything else though, such as honk the horn, turn HVAC on, vent the windows, etc.

Still haven't fix it yet. Waiting for Tesla to email me a "fix" that they are looking into.

Any update on this? My car/phone is doing the same. Phone will control most of the car, but will not unlock or open trunk. But I can do so with key fob.