Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window venting problem saga

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody having this problem? My long term saga- first passenger front window would not close after exiting vent option-sc said adhesive on glass was causing window to pinch and reverse and stay open- then it continued and i observed it never ever even approached closing but just went up then reversed-next sc said window reg needs changing- now over the last few months i get in drivers seat close the drivers door with brake pedal and door closes and all 4 windows are in vented position- first time it happened i opened up drivers door with app because it was raining very hard and i wanted to get in very quickly- i thought maybe i fat fingered vent on app etc- now its happening with phone in pocket and i enter car with door opening by itself- i am not touching phone or app- after it happened first time they told me they found evidence of third party app(i have never used any third party apps)- they told me to change tesla app password- happened again and said change password again which i did. I argued with them saying you have a software issue not a hacking issue- now it happened again last night. Nobody is hacking my car to vent windows only when i get in car- im furious.

My 2023 MX (now lemoned) was constantly venting the windows like it was possessed...mostly a few inches, but sometimes one would be rolled all the way down. It was happening when the car had not been unlocked or driven in weeks and eventually months (while I waited for Tesla to buy the car back).

It finally died its final death with all 4 windows vented and would not unlock/open the doors even after Tesla sent a mobile tech to provide 12v power. It sat for months with the windows all open 3" or so, and it rained A LOT....inside the vehicle. Hopefully the same does not happen to you unless you are headed down the road to a lemon.

Oh no. Were there any other issues besides venting issues?

Doors opened on their own. Frunk opened on it's own while parked and while driving. Trunk opened and closed hundreds of times while parked. Speed was limited to 48 MPH. Water leaked through one falcon door onto the seat when it rained. Seat heaters did not work in the front seats. Yoke steering wheel was peeling after 1,000 miles. Falcon doors never opened more than a few inches, and then I'd have to hold the override button inside for 20 seconds while they opened in slow motion to access the back. Stitching fell apart on the 3rd row seat after less than one week. Both front seats had to be replaced due to a wire sticking out through the back of one seat and staining on the other. Charge port had to be replaced due to "water intrusion" damage. Windshield wipers stopped working after 1k miles too. Tesla even refused to pay the bill for their own loaner (rental) car with Enterprise that they provided me after the X was towed for the 2nd time after breaking down.

I am certainly missing some things too. The list of issues was endless.

Doors opened on their own. Frunk opened on it's own while parked and while driving. Trunk opened and closed hundreds of times while parked. Speed was limited to 48 MPH. Water leaked through one falcon door onto the seat when it rained. Seat heaters did not work in the front seats. Yoke steering wheel was peeling after 1,000 miles. Falcon doors never opened more than a few inches, and then I'd have to hold the override button inside for 20 seconds while they opened in slow motion to access the back. Stitching fell apart on the 3rd row seat after less than one week. Both front seats had to be replaced due to a wire sticking out through the back of one seat and staining on the other. Charge port had to be replaced due to "water intrusion" damage. Windshield wipers stopped working after 1k miles too. Tesla even refused to pay the bill for their own loaner (rental) car with Enterprise that they provided me after the X was towed for the 2nd time after breaking down.

I am certainly missing some things too. The list of issues was endless.
Oh wow all i can say is im very sorry you had to put up with all that.

Reactions: rpo