Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App to have messages read and respond with voice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anybody figured out a way to do this for texts as well as Messenger and WhatsApp messages?

Looking for a way to have these auto read through the speakers and a way to reply via voice using my Samsung android phone.

Was hoping to get Google Assistant Drive Mode to work this way, but am failing so far.

Is there a 3rd party app that works?

Last edited:
It'll be a bit of self learning but you'll want to use

Tasker

And:
AutoNotification
AutoVoice

Tasker is a powerful automation tool for Android. AutoNotification can access notifications like WhatsApp etc. It's a plugin for Tasker. AutoVoice is another plugin that can do voice related tasks for Google Assistant and it also has an important feature called "Ctrl BT" that can fake a call so that Tesla will play whatever sound from the phone without any intervention from you, and possibly also use the car's MIC to listen via Google Assistant (but I haven't tested that part).

I use Ctrl BT to announce my traffic home automatically.

Reactions: HeyEph
It'll be a bit of self learning but you'll want to use

Tasker

And:
AutoNotification
AutoVoice

Tasker is a powerful automation tool for Android. AutoNotification can access notifications like WhatsApp etc. It's a plugin for Tasker. AutoVoice is another plugin that can do voice related tasks for Google Assistant and it also has an important feature called "Ctrl BT" that can fake a call so that Tesla will play whatever sound from the phone without any intervention from you, and possibly also use the car's MIC to listen via Google Assistant (but I haven't tested that part).

I use Ctrl BT to announce my traffic home automatically.
Could you elaborate a little bit more? I installed these and can't really figure out how it works with the car BT