Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App update - 4.14.0 - Quick control to unlatch M3 or MY driver door.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cardo

Sep 22, 2020
Surrey, UK
I’ve just seen this Tesla app update and have to say I’m impressed by its simplicity in order to fix an issue that’s been plaguing drivers in particularly cold areas. Where door handles have been freezing solid (not as much of an issue down here in the balmy south, however I did have a bit of an issue once last winter), the ability to simply pop the door open from the app is such a brilliant idea I can’t believe it’s taken them this long to implement it! However, well done to Tesla for adding this feature.
879F3787-A053-4731-96EF-262CA042D8A3.jpeg

I have 2018 Model 3, and today I needed it becaz door handles and glass are frozen and I couldn't get in (I did turn my car on 15 min before and put on Defrost mode also), I am standing next to the car and was looking for that button to unlatch and I do not see it.

I do have FSD version 2022.36 and app ver on 4.14, what am I missing ? the only other thing I can think of is may be 2018 model not support!

I have 2018 Model 3, and today I needed it becaz door handles and glass are frozen and I couldn't get in (I did turn my car on 15 min before and put on Defrost mode also), I am standing next to the car and was looking for that button to unlatch and I do not see it.

I do have FSD version 2022.36 and app ver on 4.14, what am I missing ? the only other thing I can think of is may be 2018 model not support!
If I remember rightly, you need to add the control to the shortcuts to be able to open the door. The good news is that you can have five shortcuts now, but adding the 5th is a little more 'challenging'....

1670257279303.png

I think I followed this guide.