Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accessing Unlatch Door mobile app icon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like the recently added "unlatch door" icon, in case of a frozen door handle.
However, I am fearful of placing it as one of my four 'quick access' icons on the main screen and widget, as it's too easy to inadvertently tap it with no way of latching door remotely. Note to Tesla app designers, please add the option to have a "are you sure you want to ..." message after tapping.
As such, to use it, I would have to move it to the top four, tap it, then replace it with another icon....something that might not be easy outside when it's freezing.
I looked through the app and couldn't find anything, but thought I'd ask, is there any way of unlatching the door without it being one of the four quick access icons?
As most quick access icons are available elsewhere in the app, I assume (hope) it's an oversight (okay, it was poor design), that will be corrected in a future update,
Thanks!

Reactions: E90alex
They should just add the ability to unlatch each door from the “controls” section of the app where you can already lock/unlock and open the frunk/trunk. Less likely for accidental presses there.

Or make it so that you have to press and hold for X seconds to trigger it instead of a single tap.

The Stats app on Apple Watch, has the solution.
They added a relatively new feature, a bluetooth icon. When tapped, within very near range (3-4 feet), there are options, including “unlatch door”. As it’s only available nearby, there’s no risk of an inadvertent mobile app tap.
There’s an Apple Watch complication, so you can set up a “car” Watch face, for one or two tap functionality.
This solution also allows you to open trunk, unlock, and start car, etc., in case your iPhone isn’t with you, or out of power.
2BB6489B-6B6B-47AA-9D8E-E049C6FD9AE6.png
A74EDCBF-A70A-4EC2-8E49-DA3FFB9C96FD.png
469000D4-5D2F-466A-B6F7-F382572694C2.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: RomanJackson