Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App v4.0 Font Size

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RNHurt

2020 MY, White, Black
Jul 29, 2020
Louisville, KY
First I would like to express my joy at being able to turn on the A/C without having to wait for the car to wake up. This capability alone is worth the upgrade. However, all is not perfect, at least on Android. The fonts don't seem to be following the Android guidelines for using the system size. I'm a bit older and have the fonts turned up to the largest size on my phone and most apps respect that. The new Tesla app definitely does not. I struggle reading the text even with my "cheater" glasses on.

The old (v3.x) mostly worked properly with regards to font size. The first time you started the app the fonts were nice and large (like they should be) but after closing it and opening it again the fonts shrunk slightly. It was annoying but not horrible. The new app doesn't even try to resize the fonts; they are small all the time. The only saving grace is that the app layout is pretty sane and not to difficult to navigate without having to read the text.

Does this affect you? Are your font sizes small as well? Or have I not configured something properly somewhere?

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer
First I would like to express my joy at being able to turn on the A/C without having to wait for the car to wake up. This capability alone is worth the upgrade. However, all is not perfect, at least on Android. The fonts don't seem to be following the Android guidelines for using the system size. I'm a bit older and have the fonts turned up to the largest size on my phone and most apps respect that. The new Tesla app definitely does not. I struggle reading the text even with my "cheater" glasses on.

The old (v3.x) mostly worked properly with regards to font size. The first time you started the app the fonts were nice and large (like they should be) but after closing it and opening it again the fonts shrunk slightly. It was annoying but not horrible. The new app doesn't even try to resize the fonts; they are small all the time. The only saving grace is that the app layout is pretty sane and not to difficult to navigate without having to read the text.

Does this affect you? Are your font sizes small as well? Or have I not configured something properly somewhere?
Same issue here...

Reactions: RNHurt
I wonder if the iOS app has the same small font issues? I am considering moving to an iPhone for multiple reasons, but if it makes the app more usable and gets rid of the phantom SMS messages, then I have a much stronger reason to move.

I wonder if the iOS app has the same small font issues? I am considering moving to an iPhone for multiple reasons, but if it makes the app more usable and gets rid of the phantom SMS messages, then I have a much stronger reason to move.
I tried the new Android app early but didn’t like it so went back and will stay with the old one for as long as possible.

Android app version 4.1.1-667 does follow the system Font size and Display size settings. It installed on Sept. 24.

It also lets you adjust charge current and scheduled departure, but more importantly, the previous version supposedly improved the app's function as a key for the car.

• Love
Reactions: RNHurt