Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apple Carplay with a WIFI Box

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not, since about two weeks ago. How do you tell it needs a new firmware? Would it not show up when I plug it into my Tesla?
Within the CarPlay menu click on the Car icon (see attached pic). This icon can be customized so yours may have a different image. This should take you the the T2C menu.

You can turn CarPlay on your iPhone off to prevent it from launching while in the setup menu. Toggle AutoKit off . (Pic below).

Within the T2C menu click About and Software Update. (Pic below).

86334535-6FD1-4B1A-A519-C46CB76D8455.jpegB94FF5CE-5696-47A0-8E75-AFBA8BECF874.jpeg4F7DE6C3-6A04-4D6E-8F7D-FFA42891FA73.jpeg

Anyone who had this working have it break on the new 2023.7 or 2023.12 branch ?
Yes. Mine now only shows a black screen. I’m on 11.4.2, 2023.7.10. I saw a screen when I tried to log in using an iPad as if it were Tesla with the CarLinKit t2c powered in my house and the iPad on the AutoKit_XXXX Wi-Fi “waiting for connection” that says something about Tesla software no longer allowing images and them offering a CarLinKit downgrade that would fix this and that they are working on a software update for the CarLinKit that would also fix. I can’t get it to work since the Tesla upgrade. I guess I’ll wait for CarLinKit to issue new firmware. I hope it comes quickly. I miss using CarPlay for Waze, and for seeing red and yellow and blue road conditions since I don’t pay for premium connectivity on the Tesla. Otherwise it’s not a big deal. But I have had lots of glitches with the box and regularly have to start from scratch with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi settings. I haven’t found a way that the CarLinKit stays reliable.

(moderator note)

Since these devices work the same in model 3 and Y, please continue any further posts in the following thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.