Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

April 2022 Model Y Order - Expected Delivery time UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Guys,

Sorry super new to this. We ordered our Model Y LR last week. Annoyingly the week before we ordered, the expected delivery time on the website was showing July for our Spec but when we went to order in the showroom the following week it had a changed to Sep. I logged onto our account today and it is now saying Expected delivery 11th June to 30th June. How accurate is this as thats quite a big jump from Sep back up to June! (No complaints though if this is the case!)

Before the Tesla we put an order in for another car last July and the company decided to cancel our order couple of weeks ago hence the Tesla purchase! As you can imagine after waiting almost a year with no car at the end of it, I would love to know how Tesla have been with delivery timescales etc.

I've just chased LeasePlan for my order placed in May (MY LR, Midnight silver, 19"). Last formal update from Tesla was in July, when I got a date of 16th September. The latest is that LeasePlan have a date of 31st Jan 2023, and their latest comms from Tesla is end November, so there is a disconnect somewhere, but it looks likely I won't be getting my car in September. :(
I've just checked my EDD now , it has changed too - Estimated Delivery: September 09 - September 23 , worth checking yours too see if you have any changes to your EDD? 😀

Upvote 0
Further update from Tesla.

Unless you have been given a VIN number for your Model Y (not sure about other models ie 3) in the UK - there is little to no chance of you getting your vehicle this side of November - pending someone cancelling and the order matching yours ! ( miracles can happen )

Apparently they are saying all vehicles have already been matched and allocated for this quarter, and are blaming covid closures at Shanghai earlier this year.

Come on Tesla - sort this out ! Why aren’t you delivering cars monthly, this quarterly rubbish is crazy !
I've just checked my EDD now, it has changed , Estimated Delivery: September 09 - September 23 , worth checking yours too see if you have any changes to your EDD? 😀

Upvote 0
I've just chased LeasePlan for my order placed in May (MY LR, Midnight silver, 19"). Last formal update from Tesla was in July, when I got a date of 16th September. The latest is that LeasePlan have a date of 31st Jan 2023, and their latest comms from Tesla is end November, so there is a disconnect somewhere, but it looks likely I won't be getting my car in September. :(
The saga continues..... After all this uncertainty, I've just had a text from Tesla with a delivery date of Saturday 24th September.

Upvote 0

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220907_151258.jpg
    Screenshot_20220907_151258.jpg
    305.2 KB · Views: 156
Upvote 0
First post on here, car ordered end of March and due for delivery this Friday 16th Sept, VIN and number plate confirmed at the end of August. Reading all the comments on this thread it’s good to know that I’m not alone in being massively frustrated with the delays we’ve experienced the last 6 months or so.

Will only believe it when I see it (car is being delivered to home), and trust you all get yours confirmed / delivered / picked up as promised.

A colleague of mine ordered the exact same spec (pearl white, black interior, 19” wheels) a mere 3 weeks before me and they’ve had theirs since April, the lucky bugger!

Andy

Upvote 0
So ordered my MYLR second week of August. Black with black interior no other options chosen and Southampton pickup. Currently saying Nov 11 - Jan 5 estimate. So what is the communities best guess for a delivery date. I’m currently guessing I will be in the end of Q3 deliveries as some Sept orders have similar estimates so my (pretend) money is on third week of Dec say 16th. Anyone else have any guesses🤷🏻‍♂️ Just for fun.

Upvote 0
So ordered my MYLR second week of August. Black with black interior no other options chosen and Southampton pickup. Currently saying Nov 11 - Jan 5 estimate. So what is the communities best guess for a delivery date. I’m currently guessing I will be in the end of Q3 deliveries as some Sept orders have similar estimates so my (pretend) money is on third week of Dec say 16th. Anyone else have any guesses🤷🏻‍♂️ Just for fun.
Congratulations on placing your order.

Mine is the same specification as yours and my EDD has fluctuated between January 2023, September 2022 and December 2022. Today it shifted to November.

Someone on another thread, who ordered in late June with the same specification, received a text yesterday to schedule their delivery in 7 day's time. This could be a cancellation and the recipient must have been next in the queue for that combination.

It appears wait times have shortened from thos who ordered earlier in the year. My guess is that yours will be in late November too.

Ordered: 2022 MYLR : Black / Black / 19" Wheels / 15th July / EDD: Nov 10 - Nov 26 (was Nov 15 - Dec 22, Nov 22 - Jan 12, Sept 24-30, Dec 22 - Jan31)

Upvote 0
Same situation here
Ordered MYLR White, 19” on 24th July, told delivery would be 30th September. SMS from Tesla on Tuesday saying delivery will be Q4 November or December. As car was due tomorrow have been scrambling to extend current lease vehicle and insurance! Home charger installed at speed due to original delivery date. Now to wait for more info. Good news is charge station shows in app, no car details tho. Only consolation may be that my Y comes from Berlin 🙏🏻 Good luck to us all for speedy deliveries.

Upvote 0
MYLR ordered via lease early may. Initial delivery was scheduled September and now December. Any benefit in making contact with local Tesla showroom for updates or just go via lease company? Any benefit in linking order RN number with Tesla account?
Call the Tesla contact number and they'll update you. Prepare for it to be vague though! As for linking the RN, that will be when you get the car. At the moment the lease company 'own' the car and you'll be able to connect the app when you pick up/take delivery. That's how I currently understand it anyway.

Upvote 0