Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

April 2022 Model Y Order - Expected Delivery time UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Guys,

Sorry super new to this. We ordered our Model Y LR last week. Annoyingly the week before we ordered, the expected delivery time on the website was showing July for our Spec but when we went to order in the showroom the following week it had a changed to Sep. I logged onto our account today and it is now saying Expected delivery 11th June to 30th June. How accurate is this as thats quite a big jump from Sep back up to June! (No complaints though if this is the case!)

Before the Tesla we put an order in for another car last July and the company decided to cancel our order couple of weeks ago hence the Tesla purchase! As you can imagine after waiting almost a year with no car at the end of it, I would love to know how Tesla have been with delivery timescales etc.

My leasing company have basically passed the Buck onto Tesla and said that they will keep me updated via text but I think they are just referring to the VIN number text
I get the same. According to the process flow at work that they did with Tesla, tesla text us when they want to arrange delivery 🤷🏽‍♂️

as lots of people have said I’m sure when we get them it will be worth the wait. However the process is really not good.

Upvote 0
Hey All, just joined this interesting thread. So here is my story so far, ordered Model Y on 14th May with Met Blue paint, 20" wheels, White seats. On initial order, delivery was estimated to be 18th Sept - Nov 2nd,
A few weeks later changed to Sept 2nd to 18th Sept
then changed again to Nov 2nd to Dec 18th
now currently showing 19th Sept to 30th Sept.

It would be good to have it after Sept so that I can get the new 72 plate :D

BTW, I am in London, UK!

Upvote 0
Ordered my Model Y direct from Tesla in mid July 22. Went for black and no options as that had the earliest delivery estimate of 13 Dec(22) to 26 Jan(23).

I quickly submitted the pre-registration information and installed the app on my phone.

A week later that estimate was updated to 13 Nov – 26 Dec.

On the 6th of August it changed again. This time to the last ten days of September.

I’ll keep you updated

Reactions: Trashcan
Upvote 0
Exact message I've had this morning fingers crossed it's soon, I've still not had a VIN yet have you?
No, I haven’t received anything official yet other than the SC VIN which appeared recently. I am trying to figure out what is next in terms of the sequence of actions required at this end…I guess soon we will receive the a) Tesla VIN, reg and a final reminder to pay the remaining balance in my case as well as b) the communication to pick a collection date - not sure which one will come first or all at the same time…

Reactions: Sparky750
Upvote 0
No, I haven’t received anything official yet other than the SC VIN which appeared recently. I am trying to figure out what is next in terms of the sequence of actions required at this end…I guess soon we will receive the a) Tesla VIN, reg and a final reminder to pay the remaining balance in my case as well as b) the communication to pick a collection date - not sure which one will come first or all at the same time…
Yeah that's pretty much what I'm expecting as well, I'll have to try the source code VIN not looked at that for a while. I'm wondering how flexible they are on delivery date is there a 3 day window 7 days what if you're on holiday lol I'm sure all will be revealed.
Order is midnight grey 19" wheels black seats
Enhanced self driving not quite the full one
Towbar pack
And I think I'll be buying the performance booster once I've had delivery used a friends model S last week and I need that power in my life lol

Reactions: Benotomy
Upvote 0
Yeah that's pretty much what I'm expecting as well, I'll have to try the source code VIN not looked at that for a while. I'm wondering how flexible they are on delivery date is there a 3 day window 7 days what if you're on holiday lol I'm sure all will be revealed.
Order is midnight grey 19" wheels black seats
Enhanced self driving not quite the full one
Towbar pack
And I think I'll be buying the performance booster once I've had delivery used a friends model S last week and I need that power in my life lol
Mine is base spec with 19”s, Bristol collection (was when I first ordered, probably stays same). I agree the collection date is the key. I have been told on various occasions that they can hold it for up to 7 days - hope it is the case in deed…👍

Reactions: Sparky750
Upvote 0
Ordered my Model Y direct from Tesla in mid July 22. Went for black and no options as that had the earliest delivery estimate of 13 Dec(22) to 26 Jan(23).

I quickly submitted the pre-registration information and installed the app on my phone.

On the 6th of August it changed again. This time to the last ten days of September.

I’ll keep you updated

thats crazy, mine was ordered mid July but I cannot see any info as it’s through my work. What is the pre-registration stuff you are referring to?

Upvote 0
thats crazy, mine was ordered mid July but I cannot see any info as it’s through my work. What is the pre-registration stuff you are referring to?

The email I received following the order said Prioritize your delivery by providing registration details and completing your pre-delivery tasks.

These steps included providing details of who the car should be registered to and specifying the method of payment.

I also feel it's crazy that my delivery date was brought forward so much. I don't believe it either as it is too good to be true, particularly as some on this forum have been waiting for news since April.

When taking my test drive, the person I spoke to at the Tesla Centre said the allocation queue is strictly determined by the date of order.

Upvote 0

I’ll keep you updated
Hopefully it's because they're clearing the backlog now however my April order started as October then jumped to June now we're hoping for September. Throughout the process I've learnt to adopt the approach of I'll believe it when I collect it lol

Upvote 0
Hey All, just joined this interesting thread. So here is my story so far, ordered Model Y on 14th May with Met Blue paint, 20" wheels, White seats. On initial order, delivery was estimated to be 18th Sept - Nov 2nd,
A few weeks later changed to Sept 2nd to 18th Sept
then changed again to Nov 2nd to Dec 18th
now currently showing 19th Sept to 30th Sept.

It would be good to have it after Sept so that I can get the new 72 plate :D

BTW, I am in London, UK!
My delivery has again been pushed back to Nov-Dec 22 this morning from Sept 22.

Has anyone else had a new later EDD??

Upvote 0
No SC VIN for me yet so it looks like September delivery maybe a tad optimistic for mine ah well back to the petrol pump lol

Upvote 0