Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

APS customer with solar, plan question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ran the numbers with a large array and no battery against a smaller array with battery and large array with no battery came out ahead. Batteries are still very expensive and you need to figure in that they'll only last 10yrs. I'd love to have batteries but by the time the savings pays back the cost of the batteries it will be time to replace them.

I believe the differences that make batteries work in SRP territory but not APS is that SRP won't pay you very much for excess generation and SRP offers a large rebate on batteries due to their settlement with Tesla.

For APS you're only locked in to the 11.6c buy back rate for 10yrs. I hope by that time the price of batteries will decrease to the point that adding a battery at year 10 makes sense.

I had 200A service and needed to get de-rated to 175A. Kind of surprised you don't need to, unless maybe they're using the smaller 10kw SolarEdge inverter and its just under the threshold. I did not experience anything on 10kA vs 22kA, sure hope it doesn't come up during the final PTO evaluation!
Exactly this. In APS get as big as you can, in SRP get as little as possible while keeping demand as close to 0. Powerwall is a champ at this and financially only makes sense cause of the $3600 rebate

Exactly this. In APS get as big as you can, in SRP get as little as possible while keeping demand as close to 0. Powerwall is a champ at this and financially only makes sense cause of the $3600 rebate

I just purchased a new construction home and I am completely confused about which direction to go. I live in Goodyear and have APS, any help would be appreciated. Don't know whether to get a 8kw system without the powerwall, or to go with a smaller array with a powerwall. My Model Y will be delivered in about a month so I need to keep that in mind as well. I work from home, so super cooling the house it out of the question. Im also confused about which plan to switch to. APS is so confusing but I heard the buy back rate is decent compared to SRP. A lot to unpack there, but the struggle is real.

I just purchased a new construction home and I am completely confused about which direction to go. I live in Goodyear and have APS, any help would be appreciated. Don't know whether to get a 8kw system without the powerwall, or to go with a smaller array with a powerwall. My Model Y will be delivered in about a month so I need to keep that in mind as well. I work from home, so super cooling the house it out of the question. Im also confused about which plan to switch to. APS is so confusing but I heard the buy back rate is decent compared to SRP. A lot to unpack there, but the struggle is real.
Shoot me a text and I’ll get you connected with some solid APS guys.

I personally don’t know a ton about APS rates compared to SRP.

480-297-8855

• Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin
So to give you an idea on the demand vs no demand route. SRP has the E27 plan with rates being $.03-$.06 and demand charges starting at like $8. Since getting solar and 1PW I dont use the Grid at all during the 2-8pm window because my 4.1kw system and PW can handle our usage. It has been a game changer, highest demand charge has been .8kw or $6. I would suggest if you are getting a demand plan to look into getting the Powerwall. APS has a crazy high sell back but you can plan on solar dying at like 5-6pm and you still have a few hours before peak is over. One AC kick and boom you get a 4-6kw demand charge on top of your other charges.
Hi Chancellor, sorry for the late reply, but just saw your post. SRP now has the E-13 plan with NO demand charge. You may want to look into it. I am on it and so far working out.