Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are sub-trunk/sub-frunk mats worth getting?

SJROSSO

Apr 9, 2021
New Jersey
All-weather mats are next on my to-buy list for the upcoming YLR. I hadn't thought about trunk sub-level or frunk mats before researching. Are they worth getting? Not entirely sure what's included if anything out of the factory. Thanks.

Last edited:

ffeingol

Apr 18, 2021
Earth
I'd be interested in other peoples feedback also. I'm looking at it more from a noise dampening aspect vs trying to keep it clean.

DanDi58

Jun 22, 2020
Dayton NJ
Are you referring to the 2 storage spaces under the load floor in the trunk? Not sure what 'sub-frunk' means in that scenario. But there are no mats that come with the car for the trunk floor, the 2 storage spaces underneath (which are carpeted) or the frunk (which is plastic). You can buy a mat for the trunk (and the frunk as well, I believe). I didn't buy one for the latter. I actually used the frunk yesterday for the first time, to put some Chinese food in.

Profink

Mar 14, 2021
Sherman Oaks
I added one to the frunk. Mostly to help keep it clean if I have food spills. Didn't find it nessecary to put one in the trunk sub space. I only store a child seat, plus other random items down there.

101dals

Jul 26, 2019
Brooklyn
Just put in my Maxpider yesterday. Worth every penny and fit perfectly. New 2021 fitment is spot on. I opted for the subtrunk mats. Already collecting leaves and debris down there from unloading and loading.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC