Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are the side windows too small?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hadn’t even considered this. Now I am... and... still not a problem. Visibility is great, and agree on rear window being less than some... though a lot more than most still.

Everyone will have differing opinions here. Wife, kids and I see zero concerns relative to Highlander, Subaru, trucks, etc. Drive one if concern is that. Make an aesthetic choice if it’s attractiveness and never look back.

Reactions: Dre78
Sorry for this being my first post --- I'm a long time lurker and have been very carefully considering purchasing a M3 --- and usually I can find answers to questions by diligently searching the forum. However I have never seen this asked before: are the M3 windows too small for the car? There seems to be a gap --- I noticed this when a M3 drove by me the other day, and there are two M3's at my work so I checked it out today --- the windows are too small!

Took another random Honda Accord picture for comparison

View attachment 394233 View attachment 394234
I think my MS windows might be even more too small.

F60C6E14-B12D-4874-8806-1DEE69F319BB.jpeg

I don't think people understand what the OP is saying. The windows seem to small for the car because they leave a big gap between the B column when the doors are closed.

I think it's more apparent in the M3 than the Subaru because of the style of the B column. The windows actually come down a bit when opening the doors on the M3, then fully close back up when shutting the door. The gap to me does seem wider than it needs to be, but it might just be because having a smaller tolerance there is harder when assembling the cars. Maybe they made it tighter before and the glass was hitting the column.

The gap in the picture above is crazy big though.

I have a friend that has a 2016 Mustang with the same gap - its frameless windows. The windows on a Mustang also go down when you open the door. It’s a strange but valid question if you haven’t seen frameless windows before. I will say if the windows were any larger, they would hit when you close the door.

16641052-5E88-44A7-A1C0-12DAD268C73F.jpeg