Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are we thankful?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

CHG-ON

Still in love after all these miles
OK.

I don't mean to be a sap at all. But with all the turmoil here and abroad and in so many aspects of our lives, I wanted to start a car-oriented thread on what we are thankful for. If you want to expand it for loved ones, friends, life situations, please do. I do ask that we stay away from politics, etc., as I would bet that we have all had enough of that for a while.

I am thankful for, starting with non-car stuff, 'cuz it really is more important (not true!):

1. The fact that I am alive, though dealing with aging, which has been rather enlightening to say the least. But I am healthy! Yay! And the age helped me amasse the cashola to buy the the MS!
  2. I have the most awesome job that I have ever dreamed of! I love what we do and I love my coworkers. I never thought that was possible. But apparently it is! It is just plain fun every day.
  3. I am now alone, for the time being, and I am very happy that I am OK with that. Needs a bit of work. But that's OK.
  4. I love where I live, my community and my home.
  5. I LOVE my car more and more every day. It cracks me up how many people still come up and ask about her and how cool she is. Yes, she is a princess and shall always be! I still say that the Tesla MS/MX are the best things ever created in the entire history of the world!!!...Kidding! Beer just might be better!
  6. I am THANKFUL that I have people that I love, a home that I can afford, safety and security, and the ability to have a folly like my MS. It was a dream since I was about 10 years old to have the ultimate car. I have been blessed enough to be able to have it AND have been able to keep in mind that, in the end, it is only a car. Ooohhh how I hate saying that!
  7. And lastly, I really love this site. I have learned so much and have enjoyed interacting with everybody: The sages, the newbies, the curious. It's just plain fun.
I wish all of you and yours the best now and in the future.

Last edited:
What's a sap? There is absolutely nothing wrong with being thankful, and it's something I should do more!

1. I'm thankful for Mr Musk (he gets thanked maybe too often!) and his growing company of many people (who don't get thanked often enough) who share the giant vision of sustainable transport from energy source to Point B. It's so cool to watch others get caught up in the dream and start reading all they can about it.

2. What a cool world we live in where energy can be sustainable and drawn from entirely natural sources. I'm thankful for good ol' Planet Earth. I sure wish the humans who live here could be nicer to each other sometimes though. We could all use a little wonder and amazement at the creation all around us. :)

Is being thankful at both Thanksgiving and Christmas a new TMC tradition? :cool:

Last edited:
Great thread members. In my situation:

1) While my health issues are something I have to work on - mileage/age is definitely causing some changes that I have to deal with but at least it is looking up not down.
2) Work, family and friends are all fine if not prospering in some way.
3) My love for cars and technology has not waned and for that I am thankful for my MS that satisfies both my interests in one package. I am reminded every happy mile I drive.
4) My country - while we have our issues they pale in comparison with what is going on in the rest of the world.

May 2017 be a great year full of cool surprises. Maybe another significant software upgrade for the MS would be nice...