Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arizona - Phoenix and Tucson Corridor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gig103- We registered our S in early March of 2014. We went to the AAA office in Mesa to avoid the DMV lines. Took about 10 minutes because we were the first Tesla that the AAA office had handled. We paid a tax (I forget the amount), and licensed for two years with a custom plate. The assistant commented that the fee was $36 plus $25 for the custom plate, but "the registration would never go below $5 per year"... We live in Phoenix, but did not consider there are differential tax rates between the cities. In the first quarter of 2015 we got a tax bill from the city for the difference. So, the short answer to your question- it can take a while for the localities to catch up.

2014 Red 85, 56500 miles

Attachments

• 2017-03-12_19.43.28.jpg
    2017-03-12_19.43.28.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 74
Has anyone driven down to Rocky Point and used the Sonoran Sun charger?
I've heard both that you MUST stay at Sonoran Sun, and that you can pay a fee and charge there if you are staying elsewhere. I am staying a few resorts over and wondering if anyone has ever successfully charged at Sonoran Sun while staying at another resort.

Has anyone driven down to Rocky Point and used the Sonoran Sun charger?
I've heard both that you MUST stay at Sonoran Sun, and that you can pay a fee and charge there if you are staying elsewhere. I am staying a few resorts over and wondering if anyone has ever successfully charged at Sonoran Sun while staying at another resort.
Why not patronize the resort that installed EV charging? That's how we encourage more hotels to do so.

Why not patronize the resort that installed EV charging? That's how we encourage more hotels to do so.

I probably would, but I'm going down for a volleyball tournament. The ONLY hotel in Rocky Point that will allow our group to have a tournament is Las Palomas, everyone other resort's owners association says they don't want us. And in Rocky Point, if you don't have the armband for a particular hotel, they won't let you on the grounds. Therefore the only way to participate in the tournament is if you stay at Las Palomas.

I probably would, but I'm going down for a volleyball tournament. The ONLY hotel in Rocky Point that will allow our group to have a tournament is Las Palomas, everyone other resort's owners association says they don't want us. And in Rocky Point, if you don't have the armband for a particular hotel, they won't let you on the grounds. Therefore the only way to participate in the tournament is if you stay at Las Palomas.
OK, you're excused this time. How about showing the manager the destination charging web site though when you're there? A lot of hotels have installed HPWCs because guests asked them to. As you probably know, Tesla gives away the charging stations and also provides a stipend for installation for qualified locations.
Destination Charging | Tesla

OK, you're excused this time. How about showing the manager the destination charging web site though when you're there? A lot of hotels have installed HPWCs because guests asked them to. As you probably know, Tesla gives away the charging stations and also provides a stipend for installation for qualified locations.
Destination Charging | Tesla

You know the rediculous thing? Las Palomas has unused golf cart charger connections but won't allow EV owners to charge there. Not even if you offer to pay for the electricity.

Believe me, I have offered both feedback and complaints to Las Palomas for other issues. They truly do not care about guests there.

However, they will let us play volleyball in exchange for a bunch of money. And no one else will.