Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arizona - Phoenix and Tucson Corridor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know of good electrician in phoenix, scottsdale area? I got a quote from Solarcity and want to get second opinion on putting the connector in my garage.

I'm using Bradley Electric...he's charging me less than half of what Solar City quoted. I've used him for other electrical jobs and have been happy with his work. Number is 480-209-5030.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone know of good electrician in phoenix, scottsdale area? I got a quote from Solarcity and want to get second opinion on putting the connector in my garage.

I'm using Bradley Electric...he's charging me less than half of what Solar City quoted. I've used him for other electrical jobs and have been happy with his work. Number is 480-209-5030.

Hi all,

Just joined. Took delivery in Chandler last week. In case this helps anyone, I had great success with the following folks:
Bams electric 602-332-7262: owner is Brian Thach; did the work himself. Used to be an electrician for the Navy. Nice guy, excellent work, and great price.
Cactus Window Tint 480-248-8966: owner is Rick Sullivan. I did a double tint, one for color and the other for heat (both 3m products) and wrapped the entire front. They have done multiple Model S's already. Excellent work. I will go back to have my windshield done with 3m crystalline 70, once I am confident I don't have to worry about the windshield cracks that have been reported.

Got ours 3/30 a Blue P85.

Getting the tint and front clear bra done at Film Dynamics in Scottsdale (by Thomas and Scottsdale Rd). You will not find a better person to take care of your car then Hans (meticulous). All the local athletes use him and he does a lot of the work for the local shops. Total highend cars in there look him up on Facebook you'll see what I mean.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and is anyone else waiting for the 1% reduction sales tax to go into affect before they register the car?

Cactus Window Tint 480-248-8966: owner is Rick Sullivan. I did a double tint, one for color and the other for heat (both 3m products) and wrapped the entire front. They have done multiple Model S's already. Excellent work. I will go back to have my windshield done with 3m crystalline 70, once I am confident I don't have to worry about the windshield cracks that have been reported.
Thanks for the info...out of curiosity, how much did the front wrap cost and how much coverage I'd you get?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and is anyone else waiting for the 1% reduction sales tax to go into affect before they register the car?

Is it possible to wait that long?

And does Film Dynamics do wraps?

Thanks for the info...out of curiosity, how much did the front wrap cost and how much coverage I'd you get?

- - - Updated - - -

Is it possible to wait that long?

And does Film Dynamics do wraps?

The tax reduction goes into affect on May 31st. You get a 90 day temp tag from Tesla. So our temp tag expires on 6/15. So we have a 15 day window to register before the tag expires.

Yes Film Dynamics does everything, tint, clear bra, full car wraps, windows for homes/businesses. They did my QX56 in the Matte Grey I get more compliments on that car than anything else I've ever owned.

My Tesla goes in tomorrow for the clear bra and tint. I honestly see no reason to clear bra all the way up to the front doors seems pretty silly to me. I've had clear bras done on everything from coupes, sedans, convertibles, to SUVs and never have I ever seen anyone do a clear all the way up to the front door and the entire hood. It might be nice so you don't see the line but to me that's overkill.

Thanks! That sounds quite reasonable. May need to do that! What type of wrap did you get?
Not sure the exact product. I just know it is not 3m. They use 3m for tint, but something else they like better for the wrap. Comes with 5yr warranty on the wrap, lifetime warranty on the tint. I did the entire front so you do not see the line halfway up. They would do the usual bra for about half the price. I am no expert on all of this stuff, but did my research on the shop/guys doing the work (visited them twice, and even went to see another model s being tinted before deciding) and feel good about the quality of the product, installation, and care they took with my car.

I talked to Rick Sullivan @ Cactus Window Tint 480-248-8966. He is using SunTek for the clear bra/body wrap. It's a really great product and has self healing like Xpel but much better price. Full frontal for Xpel is around $1800 at 2 places I checked and he's doing SunTek for $1300. I read that the SunTek is a little "clearer/shinier" than Xpel but VERY hard to see the difference. Warranty is 5 years vs 8 for Xpel but he stated he would cover it if there were problems after that. He uses the Xpel "molds" for the cuts and tucks the wrap around hood/doors where possible. My Multi-Coat Red Model S is coming on or about 4/26/13 so I wanted to nail this down so I could take it too him and get it done DAY 1.

APS ET-EV Rate Plan

If you charge your car between 11PM and 5AM you can save 2¢ per kWh (32%) over the APS Time Advantage plan by changing to APS's Experimental ET-EV plan. This plan started fall 2012 and currently will go until Dec 2014 with possibility of extension.

Cost per kWh for ET-EV (Summer) plan during the 11PM to 5AM is $0.0419 per kWh. Off-Peak is $0.0646 per kWh and On-Peak is $0.24784 per kWh.
Compare to Time Advantage (Summer) Off-Peak is $0.06118 per kWh and On-Peak is $0.24477 per kWh

Winter rates are lower for for On-Peak for both plans.

Note that On and Off peak is a little more for the ET-EV plan but if you use it to charge I'm sure you'll save on your bill.

See the rate schedule here https://www.aps.com/library/rates/ET-EV.pdf
Compare residential rate plans here aps - residential tariff sheets

I'm already on the EPR-6 Energy Plan for Solar so if you have enough solar electric production, you can avoid the "On-Peak" charges altogether! Program your A/C thermostats to supercool your house during the lower rates and save even more!

Call the "Green Team" at APS 602-216-0318. You need a valid registration for an EV to join, which you will e-mail a picture of it to [email protected]

Thought this thread should know.

Hi All. I just received my delivery window of May 3-17. I'm interested in having a sealant applied first thing after receiving the car. Based on the great work done by artsci in this thread, I'm leaning towards using one of the following products: CQuartz Ceramic, Glare Polish, Opti-Coat 2.0, or 22ple. Does anyone have a recommendation for a detailer that has experience applying any of these products?

I'm replying to my own post. Got a call from APS and the ET-EV plan is not compatible with the EPR-6 used when you have Solar. If your on EPR-2 with Solar, it will work, but it is not a good deal because you are selling back power at the wholesale rate and are not allowed to carry over overproduction to the next month.

Last edited:
Not sure the exact product. I just know it is not 3m. They use 3m for tint, but something else they like better for the wrap. Comes with 5yr warranty on the wrap, lifetime warranty on the tint. I did the entire front so you do not see the line halfway up. They would do the usual bra for about half the price. I am no expert on all of this stuff, but did my research on the shop/guys doing the work (visited them twice, and even went to see another model s being tinted before deciding) and feel good about the quality of the product, installation, and care they took with my car.

I talked to Rick Sullivan @ Cactus Window Tint 480-248-8966. He is using SunTek for the clear bra/body wrap. It's a really great product and has self healing like Xpel but much better price. Full frontal for Xpel is around $1800 at 2 places I checked and he's doing SunTek for $1300. I read that the SunTek is a little "clearer/shinier" than Xpel but VERY hard to see the difference. Warranty is 5 years vs 8 for Xpel but he stated he would cover it if there were problems after that. He uses the Xpel "molds" for the cuts and tucks the wrap around hood/doors where possible. My Multi-Coat Red Model S is coming on or about 4/26/13 so I wanted to nail this down so I could take it too him and get it done DAY 1.

Thanks guys! Mine is being delivered this Saturday. Will call today to see if I can bring it in as soon after that as possible for tint for sure and probably a clear bra/wrap!

- - - Updated - - -

Jomo25 - thanks for the info, it looks like we have same delivery window!!

Mine is being delivered on Saturday! Is yours coming on the same truck?

The tax reduction goes into affect on May 31st. You get a 90 day temp tag from Tesla. So our temp tag expires on 6/15. So we have a 15 day window to register before the tag expires.
OK, well I got my temp tag yesterday and the car looks like the car will be delivered tomorrow! If waiting will cut the taxes by 1%, I'll do that for sure. I'm gonna delay as long as I can anyways as Im in no rush to pay more money.

But I still would figure the taxes would be calc'd based on the sale date, not the reg. date. But no harm in waiting to find out! If you can confirm that it will be less, that would be great to hear!

Thanks guys! Mine is being delivered this Saturday. Will call today to see if I can bring it in as soon after that as possible for tint for sure and probably a clear bra/wrap!

- - - Updated - - -

Mine is being delivered on Saturday! Is yours coming on the same truck?

Being delivered to your home or to the Tesla Store? As it happens I may be at Fashion Sq mid-morning on Saturday.