Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Asking about Performance LR with tow-bar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everybody

I am a new member from Sweden and this is my first post
Today I canceled my order which I did last week to order instead a very new combination which a Tesla sale manager didn't know it exist!!
It has a performance motors AWD, 0-100 in 3.4 sec and 18 Aerowheels , with Tow-Bar, and no red performance caliber !!
Range 530 km.
The price after choosing same things (white and black interior, taw bar, no winter wheels) just with normal caliber and and same range as LR AWD , the price ended at same range (just extra 250 Euros = 2500 SEK Swedish crowns)

View attachment 438080

Did any one met this combination ?!

What is Tesla trying to do?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: KenC
This option is often referred to by people on this forum as a P3D-. It was available in North America at one time. It was not available for a while. It was offered again recently in North America.

Correct, as AltLogic says it has been available (rarely) in the US twice now i believe. Originally it was available last Fall, but then Tesla removed the option and made the "Performance Pack" standard on the car. Then recently a few weeks ago, they made a few more of these "stealth performance" cars - though they don't mention it on the website anymore!

They are normally $5K USD cheaper than the full Performance option and are a very good deal in my opinion.

I saw about 10 of these with towbar among the exsisting cars. But before i got in touch with sales office to confirm this was not an error, half of them was gone. Manage to buy a blue one and half hour later all was sold. Sales guy said these was build for US but for some reason shipped to Europe. Ended up to pay NOK 3000 ($400) less than the standard LR AWD I originally ordered (blue vs white and 1 set of wheels vs 19"/winter tires) Just need a set of wheels before winter but slightly used 18" aero can be found for $800 and new 19" with premium tyres for less than $2000. Anyone else that thinks Tesla have ridiculous price on their wheels? $1400 for upgrade from 18" aero to 19" and almost $1900 for aero with winter tyres.

I ordered one, the towbar is a must for me so the 'regular' performance was not an option.

Delivery is scheduled for the end of august.

I'm curious whether it will have track mode and tow mode.

The problem that each salesman see this option get confused and says it is a mistake in the system.
One of them said there won’t be track mode
I don’t know about the tow mode.
But I wanted to buy myself a 20 inch wheels, and sell the 18 aero wheels and keeps the rims and change summer wheels with winter wheels

I saw about 10 of these with towbar among the exsisting cars. But before i got in touch with sales office to confirm this was not an error, half of them was gone. Manage to buy a blue one and half hour later all was sold. Sales guy said these was build for US but for some reason shipped to Europe. Ended up to pay NOK 3000 ($400) less than the standard LR AWD I originally ordered (blue vs white and 1 set of wheels vs 19"/winter tires) Just need a set of wheels before winter but slightly used 18" aero can be found for $800 and new 19" with premium tyres for less than $2000. Anyone else that thinks Tesla have ridiculous price on their wheels? $1400 for upgrade from 18" aero to 19" and almost $1900 for aero with winter tyres.

Did you got your model 3? Or not yet!
I hope that they give us a 20 inch with Brembo brakes ;)

I ordered one, the towbar is a must for me so the 'regular' performance was not an option.

Delivery is scheduled for the end of august.

I'm curious whether it will have track mode and tow mode.

Do you think that such a powerful speed (performance from 0-100 in 3,4 sec) can brake with usual brakes and it is dangerous without Brembo brakes?!

Compared to the price of (BMW, Mercedes, etc) wheels? Nope.

Reactions: dfwatt