Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Assistance please concerning a 12 volt system

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am exploring the option of placing a marine 12 volt stereo / CD player with outdoor speakers outside to provide music to my new patio. Can someone help me in deciphering the following question.

I have a 200 watt transformer that is powering LED lights and using 24 watts of power. This leaves roughly 175 watts of power left. If I hook a 12 volt marine radio to this power source, will I have enough power to support the radio and speakers?

I am looking at a stereo that comes with (2) 100 watt speakers and a stereo. Is this enough power? Do I have enough power to support more speakers or bigger speakers?

Thanks in advance of your assistance.

Bill

An AC transformer will be outputting AC power regardless of capacity and your marine system will run off DC power so it doesn't sound as if your plan will work. I think you could use a DC power supply unit which is probably a Radio Shack or eBay item.

Have you considered just installing some Bluetooth or wireless speakers. You can get outdoor weather-resistant ones relatively cheaply or there are some very good wi-fi ones which are portable enough just to carry outside when you need them.