Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Atari Game Pole Position

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel you, I also found out that the 2016 model S I bought yesterday does not have the pole position or USB controller support...but I'll just make that the start of the list of reasons why I should trade it in for an even better Tesla in a few years ;-)

I’m super sad, just found out this morning that Pole Position only works on MCU2 cars
Now kids are refusing to take my 2017 X on vaca instead they are trying to see if we can all fit into hubby’s 2018 S for the trip. Family of 4 +Lg dog+luggage

I would tell the kids where to go with that sort of nonsense! Do they not have their own personal handheld games anyway? My 9 year old daughter has a Nintendo 3DS and/or Switch glued to her hands when we are travelling. I very much doubt a retro-Atari game in the Tesla would cut it for her anyway!

I don't get why it would need MCU 2 for Pole Position. These are Atari games - not exactly XBox One high end games. Seems like if it can render navigation and real time video streams it could render an 8 bit game.

Good point, it does seem very odd. Not that I really care for retro-gaming in the Tesla! Had a quick play with Asteroids the other day, but it's not exactly mind blowing stuff. I can't imagine sitting there for more than a couple of minutes before the novelty wears off. I'm certainly not going to be crying over lack of Pole Position on MCU1! Although it has now made me wonder what other useful future features will be MCU2 only? I'm thinking like major nav and media player updates.