Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Atlanta, GA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My vin is 77xxx and the car is literally perfect. Body panels all aligned and paint is perfect. Only this there was a tiny tiny nick in the chrome piece above the driver window but they are replacing it.

Great to hear, Kaustin3! Thanks for the encouraging word. Btw, went by Alpharetta location today, didn't see my VIN (saw one off by 2 digits). Spoke briefly with a very courteous and understanding staff member there who was super nice enough to check on mine. She said it wasn't there and that my delivery would likely be rescheduled from Thursday. Checked online tonight and sure enough, VIN is gone, Delivery Appointment is gone. No calls, texts or emails, so I'm glad I went by and spoke to someone so as not to be discouraged further. Hoping I'll wake up to some good news in the morning. I've waited over 905 days, I guess a few more won't kill me - but this has got to be the longest delayed gratification test I've ever experienced! ;)

I got the following text from a 510 area code at 11:50 last night:

“Hello from the Tesla Delivery team. Our logistics team has confirmed a Model 3 matching your order is available this week. Are you available to take delivery between 9/26 - 9/30?”

If this is legitimate, it would seem it is time for the last minute scramble to begin!

I got the following text from a 510 area code at 11:50 last night:

“Hello from the Tesla Delivery team. Our logistics team has confirmed a Model 3 matching your order is available this week. Are you available to take delivery between 9/26 - 9/30?”

If this is legitimate, it would seem it is time for the last minute scramble to begin!
I got the same text last night - was coming here to ask who rejected a blue P3D-!

Boy all these posts have me thinking there is no way I will be getting my car on time. Scheduled for Friday at 5:30 for Dual Motor, non performance. No VIN, no communication of any kind other than the original email from DA in Vegas two weeks ago. Tried to call and it gets bumped to some other location that has no information whatsoever. No response to several emails asking for confirmation or update. Just not looking good at this point. Went by the Alpharetta location last weekend and there were 100+ Model 3 on the lot...all RWD or Performance. Not one Dual Motor/non Performance. Getting bummed. There's a reason why I will be naming my car Patience.

Dan

I was just told by the delivery center that they still had no record of a car VIN for me and that I was a "place holder" for Friday on the hopes that they would get a car delivered that matched my specs. They also said that they have no idea of what has or is being shipped to them and that it all rested on the shoulders of the delivery schedulers in California. They were very apologetic but could offer no help. My DA has refused to respond to numerous attempts to communicate so I am completely in the dark.

I could not be happier for those of you that are taking delivery. For those of us that are lost between the cracks though, it really sucks. Trying to stay positive but this is all getting very very discouraging. Best of luck to you all.

Dan

Looks great! Can’t tell if the car is Black of MSM, which is it? Also, did you have the rear glass tinted, and if so how does that look? I hate that Tesla only tinted 2/3 of the roof/rear glass, wish they had tinted the whole thing uniformly. Of course, I also wish I had my car! :)

Thank you! It’s actually MSM! Yeah I got the whole back glass tinted with one piece. It looks amazing. Very uniform all the way around. Hope you get your soon!

Thank you! It’s actually MSM! Yeah I got the whole back glass tinted with one piece. It looks amazing. Very uniform all the way around. Hope you get your soon!

Thanks, good to know. Oasis has a location in Buford just a few miles from me. Would you mind sharing with me (and anyone else please chime in) what a ceramic window tint is compared to what I would call “normal” window tinting? I guess the normal tint is a thin film they cut and apply to the window, so what is ceramic and why is it bettter? I’m not up on my window tinting lingo, heck I don’t even do Facebook! :)

Just off the phone with Tesla. My VIN is unchanged (72XXX) but they show the delivery date of Sunday, 9/30 (no time) - nothing shows on my account page still. They said status is "in transit to RH" if that means anything. At T-4 days (to Sunday), not holding my breath, but trying to hold on to as much hope as I can. Got a feeling 9/30 is going to be a BUSY day for lots of folks!

Thanks, good to know. Oasis has a location in Buford just a few miles from me. Would you mind sharing with me (and anyone else please chime in) what a ceramic window tint is compared to what I would call “normal” window tinting? I guess the normal tint is a thin film they cut and apply to the window, so what is ceramic and why is it bettter? I’m not up on my window tinting lingo, heck I don’t even do Facebook! :)

Sure! Ceramic tints are made using millions of microscopic particles of titanium nitride infused into thin layers of films. Unlike dye-based window films that often fade and discolor over time they offer no real heat reduction just a darker window. Ceramic tint will never change colors or fade even after years of exposure to direct sunlight. It is truly color stable and resilient it offers 70% heat reduction so the inside on the car will stay much cooler and protects against UV rays! I’ve had both and I can tell you the extra cost in ceramic is worth it.

kaustin3, what brand / type tint did you get and what % on each window and of course, what was the cost?

I got Xpel Prime Ceramic. 30% on sides and back. The back in one full sheet of tint. I’ll be going back to get a full windshield tint at 70% in ceramic also.

• Informative
Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
spoke, yes spoke, with delivery assistant in vegas yesterday and she said all was good with my car for Friday delivery that is was on way there and would arrive last night. I decided to call roswell service center and spoke with a very polite girl and she said it would not be here but that I could participate in a grp pickup on Saturday. I asked her about the condition cars were showing up in at Roswell and she said they have staff there that fix any paint issues and folks dont have problems. I guess I have to wait to see if i can get it on saturday and its condition

Reactions: KAUSTIN
Got an appointment for Saturday in Roswell via text!

@EnrgyNDpndnce You’ve got to be up soon!

Dude, I actually just posted on the AWD thread that I have an appointment Saturday at 12:30! Now who knows, the car may not actually exist and they may reschedule me, but I’m hopeful. DA is supposed to reach out tomorrow with MVPA for my credit union so I can get the check for the portion I’m financing. Here’s hoping, maybe I’ll see you Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.