Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Atlanta, GA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reviving an old thread here, sorry. Curious if any other Atlantans are having similar issues now that we're a few months from the last post. I ordered on 1/31 and have a delivery appointment set for tomorrow; however, I've received zero communication about that delivery, and only know because I got an auto-generated email and it shows on my Tesla account. I've never been contact by a DA, or any service center. I live in Brookhaven area and somehow mine is set to home delivery, but I'd rather just head up to a SC and take care of it there. Anyone else having similar issues in Atlanta lately?
Congrats on your imminent delivery!
I'm not surprised by your description; Tesla reportedly laid off 2/3 of the Vegas-based delivery personnel...that's the team that was scheduling US deliveries during the US peak last year.
Fairly easy to drive over to the Decatur store today and see if your VIN is there being prepped. If so, locally they can likely switch you to SC delivery instead of home delivery. Presumably your VIN is either in Decatur or Alpharetta for delivery prep.
Please report back once the dust settles so we can get a sense of what the delivery practices are as they continue to evolve...Model Y will be here soon enough!

I did have communication from Decatur, but that was July. Having experienced Tesla culture since, I’m not surprised. Give them a call first. They will likely help you out. It’s a great car, so hope you love it.
Reviving an old thread here, sorry. Curious if any other Atlantans are having similar issues now that we're a few months from the last post. I ordered on 1/31 and have a delivery appointment set for tomorrow; however, I've received zero communication about that delivery, and only know because I got an auto-generated email and it shows on my Tesla account. I've never been contact by a DA, or any service center. I live in Brookhaven area and somehow mine is set to home delivery, but I'd rather just head up to a SC and take care of it there. Anyone else having similar issues in Atlanta lately?

Update: the Model 3 that was assigned to me was located down in Jacksonville, FL. The transfer truck didn't make it in time for my Monday morning appointment, so I had to push it to today (Wednesday).

I received the car this morning and aside from a weird paint issue, the car was in great shape. There's a knick in the paint underneath the clear coat on the trunk, which unfortunately needs to be fixed by Tesla's preferred body shop. I didn't have the flexibility to refuse delivery, but Tesla agreed to cover the repair and provide a loaner, so aside from the inconvenience it's not a huge deal. It's at least a few days to even get on the list at their shop, so I kept my existing appointment at AP3 and immediately drove it up to receive a full wrap, ceramic treatment, chrome delete, and window tint. Unfortunately that means I have to take it to AP3 twice (again after the trunk is fixed), but the owner was great about being flexible. At least most of the vehicle will be protected for now.

Ironically when I parked I noticed some not-insignificant road rash damage in the rear fender well. It looks a little too severe to be rock damage--especially given that I only drove it less than 30 miles--so I wonder if I missed it on delivery inspection (doubt that though; I was super thorough).

I was a little annoyed about how in-the-dark I was leading up to the night before my delivery, but once the Decatur team got involved the communication and experience was much better. Not thrilled about the early damage and production issues, but all things considered I'm still very happy that I made the switch! Can't wait to actually be able to drive it after all of the work is finished lolView attachment 377067 IMG_1368.JPGIMG_1373.JPG

Reactions: evannole
Update: the Model 3 that was assigned to me was located down in Jacksonville, FL. The transfer truck didn't make it in time for my Monday morning appointment, so I had to push it to today (Wednesday).

I received the car this morning and aside from a weird paint issue, the car was in great shape. There's a knick in the paint underneath the clear coat on the trunk, which unfortunately needs to be fixed by Tesla's preferred body shop. I didn't have the flexibility to refuse delivery, but Tesla agreed to cover the repair and provide a loaner, so aside from the inconvenience it's not a huge deal. It's at least a few days to even get on the list at their shop, so I kept my existing appointment at AP3 and immediately drove it up to receive a full wrap, ceramic treatment, chrome delete, and window tint. Unfortunately that means I have to take it to AP3 twice (again after the trunk is fixed), but the owner was great about being flexible. At least most of the vehicle will be protected for now.

Ironically when I parked I noticed some not-insignificant road rash damage in the rear fender well. It looks a little too severe to be rock damage--especially given that I only drove it less than 30 miles--so I wonder if I missed it on delivery inspection (doubt that though; I was super thorough).

I was a little annoyed about how in-the-dark I was leading up to the night before my delivery, but once the Decatur team got involved the communication and experience was much better. Not thrilled about the early damage and production issues, but all things considered I'm still very happy that I made the switch! Can't wait to actually be able to drive it after all of the work is finished lolView attachment 377067View attachment 377068View attachment 377069
If you can leave out the part about your super thorough delivery inspection, I would bet Tesla Decatur will add repairing that rear well to the body shop work since it's far more likely that you missed it than that you picked it up within 30 miles. But I would most definitely stop by Decatur tomorrow and find your employee and get him to add this in writing to your due bill.

I am super frustrated that Tesla continues to ship vehicles that either should not have passed QC (yours...the clear coat is on top of a paint failure) or that Tesla is damaging vehicles in transit in order to speed delivery. As a shareholder, these are penny-wise pound-foolish moves that never make it to a balance sheet as a liability, but man the bill absolutely comes due and in your case about a month after delivery, dampening vehicle margin nearly right out of the gate.

Hopefully Tesla is getting better at this as the weeks and months go by.

If you can leave out the part about your super thorough delivery inspection, I would bet Tesla Decatur will add repairing that rear well to the body shop work since it's far more likely that you missed it than that you picked it up within 30 miles. But I would most definitely stop by Decatur tomorrow and find your employee and get him to add this in writing to your due bill.

I am super frustrated that Tesla continues to ship vehicles that either should not have passed QC (yours...the clear coat is on top of a paint failure) or that Tesla is damaging vehicles in transit in order to speed delivery. As a shareholder, these are penny-wise pound-foolish moves that never make it to a balance sheet as a liability, but man the bill absolutely comes due and in your case about a month after delivery, dampening vehicle margin nearly right out of the gate.

Hopefully Tesla is getting better at this as the weeks and months go by.

Hey @suwaneedad , it has been a while. I have been absent from the forum while driving and driving and driving my car. Saw this post, and I share your concern about continued QC and delivery experience issues on the part of Tesla. I’m a former shareholder, cashed mine out, but still concerning. So here’s another example of being penny wise and pound foolish. After my (well documented) nightmarish delivery experience at Alpharetta, I recieved a survey from Tesla so I decided to unload (professionally) on them about the experience. I won’t get into the details except to say that all I asked Tesla for was a retro-active referral that would help my friend get one referral and give me 6 months of free supercharging. After a few weeks I got a call from the delivery manager at Alpharetta (who had been very snarky and unhelpful to me) and he apologized for the process I went through. He said unfortunately Tesla’s policy prevented him from giving me the free Supercharging because I entered the referral code after placing my order (but before delivery mind you), so instead he was going to reimburse me for my expense related to the rental car I had to rent for ~ 5 weeks after my initial delivery was cancelled (I sold my previous car just prior to first delivery date). The bill for that was almost $1k so I sent him a copy of the receipt and within 2 weeks I had a check in hand from Tesla for almost $1k! So instead of giving me free Supercharging (what I asked for) for 6 months that would have cost Tesla a few hundred dollars they gave me a check for almost $1k. Now don’t get me wrong, I deposited the check, but that’s another example of Tesla not being good stewards of the resources provided by its shareholders.

Hopefully Tesla will continue to evolve and improve as an organization and move beyond these issues. I will say this, after 3.5 months and ~ 16k miles in this car, I am totally hooked. Not only can I not imagine driving a Dino-juice powered car again, at this point I can’t imagine driving anything but a Tesla. Best car I have ever driven, despite a few flaws that I hope will be rectified over the coming years. Peace out.

Just traded in my Jeep SRT for a Model 3 Long Range AWD. They had one in stock at the Alpharetta SC, so I'm hoping to take possession of it this week sometime. Super excited.
Congrats! Fantastic car, you will not regret it. Service is still so so, Tesla having to learn how to be a real car company while experiencing unprecedented growth. The car is simply amazing. Enjoy!

Two more days until delivery, I can hardly stand the anticipation!

Just following up, did you get your car this week? I had 2 delivery misfires before I finally got mine, but that was back in Q4 2018 during the delivery rush nightmare. My understanding is that Tesla have learned a thing or 2 since then and are far better equipped to handle large delivery volume now. Hope it went well for you.

It has been a while since this waiting room has seen activity. I placed an order last week for what will be a 2021 Model 3 Performance. I'll take delivery of the car in Q4 2020 since I don't need/want the vehicle immediately. The Tesla Advisor I'm working with has marked my order ineligible to match a VIN in Q3 since I don't need the car immediately. Anyone else waiting for a Model 3 in Atlanta or the surrounding area?

It has been a while since this waiting room has seen activity. I placed an order last week for what will be a 2021 Model 3 Performance. I'll take delivery of the car in Q4 2020 since I don't need/want the vehicle immediately. The Tesla Advisor I'm working with has marked my order ineligible to match a VIN in Q3 since I don't need the car immediately. Anyone else waiting for a Model 3 in Atlanta or the surrounding area?

Been driving mine for nearly 2 years now!

Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
Status
Not open for further replies.