Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Atlanta, GA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah - I too received first calls from scheduler on Thursday that set up appt for 2:45 in Alpharetta today - but of course since I had no VIN assigned - I assumed (correctly) that it would be canceled - so sounds like a lot of us fell into that - especially true I would guess for anyone waiting on AWD like I am. Disappointed for sure - but in a way I am kind of glad not to be part of what will surely be a mad scramble this weekend. Good luck to all that have delivery appts today and tomorrow!

A5EB7B8C-0FFF-40E4-BEA6-C65D1EB187D5.jpeg
429C9AB1-BF52-40EA-9228-9246F5D2546E.jpeg
Ok so despite the fact that my wife confirmed this DOES indeed make me crazy, I drove to Alpharetta and visited the Service / Delivery Center. Really surprised at how much it was NOT a circus. Sure there were a few people there taking delivery, but I really thought it would be a madhouse and it looked like any other Saturday. Now there were a lot of cars there, roughly 100 Model 3s and a dozen or two each of S and X. Based on the VINs I looked at, maybe 2/3 are RWD and the rest AWD or P. Spoke with several employees, all of whom were very polite and willing to spend as much time with me as I wanted. They said last weekend they had almost twice as many 3s on site and you could barely get in and out of the parking lot! They also said they originally had almost 100 deliveries scheduled for today but after all the cancellations it’s down to about 70. Finally, they did say that those of us who were unfortunately cancelled should hang in there because it shouldn’t be much longer at all.

Pictures for those who are interested.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden and spesler
View attachment 339214 View attachment 339215 Ok so despite the fact that my wife confirmed this DOES indeed make me crazy, I drove to Alpharetta and visited the Service / Delivery Center. Really surprised at how much it was NOT a circus. Sure there were a few people there taking delivery, but I really thought it would be a madhouse and it looked like any other Saturday. Now there were a lot of cars there, roughly 100 Model 3s and a dozen or two each of S and X. Based on the VINs I looked at, maybe 2/3 are RWD and the rest AWD or P. Spoke with several employees, all of whom were very polite and willing to spend as much time with me as I wanted. They said last weekend they had almost twice as many 3s on site and you could barely get in and out of the parking lot! They also said they originally had almost 100 deliveries scheduled for today but after all the cancellations it’s down to about 70. Finally, they did say that those of us who were unfortunately cancelled should hang in there because it shouldn’t be much longer at all.

Pictures for those who are interested.

Interesting did you peak at any vins ?

I was scheduled to pick up my 3 today from roswell location. Two days ago (Friday), Roswell called me to tell me that my car is "in transit". But they cannot be sure it'll arrive in time for the delivery on Sunday. They would call me to Saturday. Yesterday (Saturday), I called them at 7pm to get an update: your car still shows "in transmit", it may arrive in time Sunday. Don't come unless you get a call from us. Sunday arrived and they called to cancel my pick, the car hasn't arrived. And they don't know when. They went ahead and blindly rescheduled my delivery for a week later. Oh, and for some reason, the car is now scheduled to arrive in Decatur (instead of Roswell) When pressed to find out what they knew about my car, he basically said they're in a logistics nightmare and can't seem to get drivers to transport these cars.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
I was scheduled to pick up my 3 today from roswell location. Two days ago (Friday), Roswell called me to tell me that my car is "in transit". But they cannot be sure it'll arrive in time for the delivery on Sunday. They would call me to Saturday. Yesterday (Saturday), I called them at 7pm to get an update: your car still shows "in transmit", it may arrive in time Sunday. Don't come unless you get a call from us. Sunday arrived and they called to cancel my pick, the car hasn't arrived. And they don't know when. They went ahead and blindly rescheduled my delivery for a week later. Oh, and for some reason, the car is now scheduled to arrive in Decatur (instead of Roswell) When pressed to find out what they knew about my car, he basically said they're in a logistics nightmare and can't seem to get drivers to transport these cars.

What’s your configuration?

So I recently ordered an AWD from the Avalon store, Black with Black interior, 19in wheels, and EAP... anyone here in Atlanta with a similar config or had delivery recently? Trying to guess timeline here... its saying Nov-Jan but Im really hoping its this year :/

So I recently ordered an AWD from the Avalon store, Black with Black interior, 19in wheels, and EAP... anyone here in Atlanta with a similar config or had delivery recently? Trying to guess timeline here... its saying Nov-Jan but Im really hoping its this year :/

In my expert opinion, you have a 2/3 chance of taking delivery this year. :)

But seriously, if delivery this year is extremely important to you, consider taking a RWD model instead. I believe you could take delivery of a RWD this week if you are willing to take one.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
For what it’s worth, I just spoke with Alpharetta again and they told me if I would take a Performance they have one in my configuration that is available now. I turned it down b/c I’m not paying another $15k for speed I don’t need, but if any of you reading this are interested just call them. I ordered MSM with black interior so I’m assuming that is what they have, but you should confirm before driving over there. And the nice young lady I spoke with said they have a number of RWD Model 3s available for immediate delivery if anyone wants one of those. Happy car buying!

Reactions: windgrins
Yeah - I too received first calls from scheduler on Thursday that set up appt for 2:45 in Alpharetta today - but of course since I had no VIN assigned - I assumed (correctly) that it would be canceled - so sounds like a lot of us fell into that - especially true I would guess for anyone waiting on AWD like I am. Disappointed for sure - but in a way I am kind of glad not to be part of what will surely be a mad scramble this weekend. Good luck to all that have delivery appts today and tomorrow!

Keep the faith. I was scheduled for the weekend and fell through. Received VIN today (87K) and was told to expect it to arrive in Alpharetta on the 18th and assuming all is well with the car, delivery on the 19th. Silver Metallic, Black, 19, AWD.

Status
Not open for further replies.