Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Atlanta, GA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When'd you order and what did you order?
I ordered a blue P- with black interior on July 11. No reservation because it's my second M3 - the first was totaled after someone wasn't paying attention and merged into me. I

I'm sure no one will be shocked to know that when I called they told me they didn't have a car for me and that delivery appointment had to be cancelled. It would just be nice to have some clarity.

Just posted this on the AWD Delivery thread, posting here as well to cast a wide net.

Happened to be in the area (I promise, I really was) so I dropped by the Alpharetta SC today to check in with them and see what was going on. No VIN for me, but there is a car matching my EXACT configuration (AWD, MSM, Black interior, 18” Aeros) on site waiting for delivery. It was scheduled for 9/28 delivery apparently for someone from Alabama who couldn’t make it so they bumped it to today for him. And now they tell me they have bumped it to this weekend b/c he can’t make it today. I asked them to double check to make sure he was still getting the car, because I can take delivery today, or right now. I don’t want to steal some dude’s car but if he’s having second thoughts or just needs more time, I’ll gladly help out. Yep, they are sure, he’s getting it this weekend.

So, Mr. Alabama guy, if you are reading this I have a proposal for you. I’ll give you $200 cash to give up that car and wait for the next one that should appear in the next couple of weeks. You see, I already sold my car so right now I’m renting a car at my own expense until I take delivery. And I’m going out of town tomorrow until next weekend, so after today it will be almost 2 weeks before I can take delivery. Therefore giving you $200 is roughly splitting the savings I’ll realize by not renting a car for the next 2 weeks. But you have to do this in time for me to take delivery tonight, so pretty much now. Think it over, and PM me.

Oh, and if you agree to this you’ll also be helping me cure a severe case of FIA! :)

I ordered a blue P- with black interior on July 11. No reservation because it's my second M3 - the first was totaled after someone wasn't paying attention and merged into me. I

I'm sure no one will be shocked to know that when I called they told me they didn't have a car for me and that delivery appointment had to be cancelled. It would just be nice to have some clarity.

For what it’s worth they did have an MSM P available as of yesterday. If you are willing to take MSM instead of Blue you should give them a call and see if that car is still there. Although honestly for the price of the car I don’t blame you for waiting to get exactly what you want. Best of luck to you.

For what it’s worth they did have an MSM P available as of yesterday. If you are willing to take MSM instead of Blue you should give them a call and see if that car is still there. Although honestly for the price of the car I don’t blame you for waiting to get exactly what you want. Best of luck to you.

So you can call that main number you posted and they can look everywhere to see if anyone has your exact model?

So you can call that main number you posted and they can look everywhere to see if anyone has your exact model?

That’s what the nice lady said, and I could here her tapping away on her keyboard so I believe she was being honest with me. I wasn’t aware they could do that until today. I also asked her if she had the ability to look at all the cars in transit (on rail, trucks, carrier pigeons, etc) to see if there was a match on the road, but she said no they did not have the ability to do that. She said the logistics team might very well have that ability, but she did not.

At the price we're talking, I'm going to drive that car into the ground, so I want it to be exactly what I ordered. I briefly considered looking at something else (I was so pissed off at Tesla jerking us all around I was looking at Bolts) but I realized that anything besides what I ordered would just tick me off and I'd be stuck with it for far too long.

Sorry to hear you're also stuck in a rental - I'm also in one and every time I have to renew I wonder what the heck I'm thinking.

Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
Keep the faith. I was scheduled for the weekend and fell through. Received VIN today (87K) and was told to expect it to arrive in Alpharetta on the 18th and assuming all is well with the car, delivery on the 19th. Silver Metallic, Black, 19, AWD.

I have the identical configuration--we are car twins ;) ! Also scheduled for delivery on the 29th, but they called and cancelled the night before. Still no VIN or delivery date for me yet, but hopefully it will be coming soon (configured on 6/30, reserved 8/7/17).

I have the identical configuration--we are car twins ;) ! Also scheduled for delivery on the 29th, but they called and cancelled the night before. Still no VIN or delivery date for me yet, but hopefully it will be coming soon (configured on 6/30, reserved 8/7/17).

I received my final paperwork last night and was told now it should be here by Friday. Who knows, hopefully soon as you said :cool:

VINs seem to be all over the place. I think @EnrgyNDpndnce said he saw a VIN in the 60Ks and was made in September.

That is correct, VIN 066XXX had a build date of 9/18. In fact that’s the car that matches my configuration and has been sitting in Alpharetta for a week waiting for Mr. Alabama Guy to take delivery.

Dear Mr. Alabama Guy, please come pick up your car so it will stop torturing me. Or better yet, call Alpharetta and release that car to me and they’ll get you another one in a few weeks. That would really help my FIA!!!

I’m sorry, am I reading that right, you ordered Sept. 25th? As in, last week? May I ask, as a Day 1 res holder, what made you wait so long to place an order?

Wasn't in a super rush to get a car, and wasn't sure I would even order as it was between the model 3 and an S5 Sportback... but after I finally got around to test driving the model 3 the other week and they let me take it overnight... I just had to have it lol

Wasn't in a super rush to get a car, and wasn't sure I would even order as it was between the model 3 and an S5 Sportback... but after I finally got around to test driving the model 3 the other week and they let me take it overnight... I just had to have it lol

I understand! If you don’t mind me asking, what (if anything) did they tell you about the current status / location of your car? Is it already in Alpharetta, on in transit from Fremont, or still in production at Fremont, or at another Service Center location? Just trying to decode how Tesla is doing things. Thanks!

I understand! If you don’t mind me asking, what (if anything) did they tell you about the current status / location of your car? Is it already in Alpharetta, on in transit from Fremont, or still in production at Fremont, or at another Service Center location? Just trying to decode how Tesla is doing things. Thanks!

Must be at the factory or in production because they said its scheduled to arrive to Alpharetta on the 18th

Funny, I was also considering the S5 Sportback. I currently have a 2013 S5 that I'm planning to trade or sell when/if my model 3 comes in.

Congrats on your quick turnaround.

Funny, I was also considering the S5 Sportback. I currently have a 2013 S5 that I'm planning to trade or sell when/if my model 3 comes in.

Congrats on your quick turnaround.

Yes - I was considering S5 Sportback as well - nice car - enjoyed the test drive - but when I rented a local M3 and drove it around for a couple of days - that sealed the deal for me as well...now the wait continues.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.