Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Atlanta, GA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for folks that have gone through this - do you automatically get the special zero emission plate or do I need to take the DMV registration application copy submitted by Tesla and pick that up directly from a DMV office?

You take your new plate to DMV after you get it a month or more in the mail. They will charge you more money to get it.

Also get a Peach Pass account set up so you can drive in the $HOV$ lane for FREE & with a single occupant if needed.
(PeachPass will charge you, then credit it back, at the same time)
You cannot drive for Free on the Reversing Lanes on the South side of I-285 on I-75 and North of I-285 on I-75 reversing lanes.

Yup, thats the one. There is also a showroom in Avalon which is a shopping area in Alpharetta. You want the Roswell/Alpharetta location. It is normally a service center but they are doing all the Model 3 deliveries there. They are only a few miles apart.

Dan

Address:
Tesla Service & Delivery
1400 Upper Hembree Rd.
Roswell , GA 30076

Directions:
400 to exit #9 Haynes Bridge Rd.
Left on Morrison Pkwy.
Right on Hembree Rd.
Right on Northmeadow Pkwy
at light cross over Alpharetta Hwy.
Tesla Service on right.

That is correct, VIN 066XXX had a build date of 9/18. In fact that’s the car that matches my configuration and has been sitting in Alpharetta for a week waiting for Mr. Alabama Guy to take delivery.

Dear Mr. Alabama Guy, please come pick up your car so it will stop torturing me. Or better yet, call Alpharetta and release that car to me and they’ll get you another one in a few weeks. That would really help my FIA!!!

Could have it worse. My Silver AWD 19" was just pushed again from its third delivery date. I paid portion cash and financed remaining which now has a check collecting dust and interest. Quickly losing faith in anything they say.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Could have it worse. My Silver AWD 19" was just pushed again from its third delivery date. I paid portion cash and financed remaining which now has a check collecting dust and interest. Quickly losing faith in anything they say.
Uggh! That sucks--so sorry. I don't understand what the delay is in getting these silver AWD cars to Atlanta, since they supposedly were expediting the production of all the remaining metallic silver M3. If Tesla would have been honest about the lack of availability of these discontinued colors, I would have seriously thought of already changing my configuration. Do you at least have an assigned VIN still, or are you back to square one? I'm still sitting on nothing--no VIN, no rescheduled delivery date, just the same "September - November" delivery window that they've been promising forever (and which looks increasingly unrealistic)

Uggh! That sucks--so sorry. I don't understand what the delay is in getting these silver AWD cars to Atlanta, since they supposedly were expediting the production of all the remaining metallic silver M3. If Tesla would have been honest about the lack of availability of these discontinued colors, I would have seriously thought of already changing my configuration. Do you at least have an assigned VIN still, or are you back to square one? I'm still sitting on nothing--no VIN, no rescheduled delivery date, just the same "September - November" delivery window that they've been promising forever (and which looks increasingly unrealistic)

I have a VIN and countersigned MPVA with the VIN, but somehow they can't locate a car.

• Informative
I have a VIN and countersigned MPVA with the VIN, but somehow they can't locate a car.

I've mentioned this before, but since it seems like it could help, I'll mention it again. I called the delivery team to check on yet another fake delivery appointment and after telling my sob story again finally got someone to search on the East Coast (which apparently includes Texas?) for a car that was at least similar in configuration to mine. I told him I wanted a blue car, the rest could be different. My original configuration was blue P3D- with black interior. They came back with a blue AWD with white interior and upgraded wheels in Florida or a blue P3D+ with white interior in Texas. I chose the AWD, immediately got a VIN, and its supposed to arrive tomorrow with delivery scheduled for Wednesday. I don't know how changing the VIN will work with your loan, but if you're open to other configurations, you might get a car faster.

• Informative
Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
I've mentioned this before, but since it seems like it could help, I'll mention it again. I called the delivery team to check on yet another fake delivery appointment and after telling my sob story again finally got someone to search on the East Coast (which apparently includes Texas?) for a car that was at least similar in configuration to mine. I told him I wanted a blue car, the rest could be different. My original configuration was blue P3D- with black interior. They came back with a blue AWD with white interior and upgraded wheels in Florida or a blue P3D+ with white interior in Texas. I chose the AWD, immediately got a VIN, and its supposed to arrive tomorrow with delivery scheduled for Wednesday. I don't know how changing the VIN will work with your loan, but if you're open to other configurations, you might get a car faster.

Did they upgrade you for free

Did they upgrade you for free
Hah, no. If I had chosen the P3D+, I would have paid the difference. I had only ordered the Performance in the first place because it was supposed to be available faster than any of the other options, so I decided to go with the AWD. Traffic sucks where I live, so I decided I could live with a little less speed if it got me out of the rental car.

After many reschedulings, I was notified my car (Blue/Blk P3D+ VIN 72XXX) rolled off the truck in Decatur yesterday. After some hurried logistics, I was fortunate to be able to pick it up a couple of hours later. Manufactured 9/2018. No significant issues noted upon inspection. A few minor cosmetic issues were corrected on the spot. All in all, very happy! FINALLY!

I have my 3rd delivery scheduled for the 15th. P3D/PearlWhite/Black/aero/EAP. Today I was told it is scheduled to arrive in Atlanta on the 14th, so delivery adviser said they may be prioritizing getting it ready for me to pick up in the afternoon the following day. He warned me not to be surprised if it's pushed, but should be the 16th or 17th at the latest.

Finally!

Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
Hey gang, if any of you are close to delivery in Alpharetta/Roswell facility I would be willing to make a trip over there to check and see if your car is physically on the lot before you head out from wherever you might be coming from. (I did this for another member here yesterday). Please bear in mind it is about a 20 minute drive for me and I do work for a living. But if I can group several people and generate a list together I can knock out several in one trip. You can either post here with your VINs if you are comfortable with that or message me privately. Please give me your configuration and color...makes it a lot easier to narrow down.

Let me know if I can help. I know the relief of piece of mind knowing your car is finally where it needs to be! ;)

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.