Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Atlanta, GA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I hesitate to post given my lack of reservation and seeing the early reservation holders here who haven't gotten any movement, I thought I'd share my experience so far.

No Reservation
Ordered: 7/31/2018 (Decatur was only choice)
Email: 9/6/2018 (Offered delivery 9/22 - 9/29)
Delivery Appt. 1: 9/23 (9/6 confirmed by DA via email; also added FSD a few days later)
VIN on Site: 9/16 (went away on 9/18)
Delivery Appt. 2: 9/29 (changed on 9/18 via phone due to delay leaving CA)
VIN on Site: 9/22 (same VIN as before)
Delivery Appt. 3: 10/2 (changed on 9/29 via phone due to lack of drivers from Birmingham)
Delivery Appt. 4: 10/5 (changed on 10/1 via phone due to continued delay out of Birmingham)
Delivery Appt. 5: 10/12 (changed on 10/4 via email below)
- "Originally arrived in our rail yard in NYC due to a train misroute and has since been routed to the Atlanta area. It is currently going by rail to Birmingham where it will be picked up by a truck and brought to Atlanta. I suspect this process shouldn't be more than a week or two."
Update: 10/10 5pm (via email below)
- "I have checked on your vehicle again, the most recent updated ETA is 10/12-10/19"
Update: 10/11 11am (via phone from Tesla Alpharetta SC)
- Car is in Decatur and can be picked up at scheduled time in Decatur or at a later date in Alpharetta.

Picking up in Decatur tomorrow! Hopeful, but I'll believe it 100% when I'm driving out of the lot.

A little background - This is my first Tesla and first EV of any kind. I was ready to give my friend a hard time about his Model 3 (day 1 reservation) when I first saw it in July. After 5 minutes in the car and 15 minutes behind the wheel, my only doubts were about which model, options, and color I was getting.

I’m now very optimistic after calling the 2505 number this week. I have a VIN, I have a signed MVPA, my bank agreed to honor the 2.94% financing rate that expired last Sunday and I’m scheduled to take delivery on 10/20. Based on all of your Q4 experiences, it seems there’s a great chance I’ll be taking delivery in a week. The Q3 fiasco was a stressful nightmare I hope many of you never have to go through. Good luck all.

Reactions: neroden
I’m now very optimistic after calling the 2505 number this week. I have a VIN, I have a signed MVPA, my bank agreed to honor the 2.94% financing rate that expired last Sunday and I’m scheduled to take delivery on 10/20. Based on all of your Q4 experiences, it seems there’s a great chance I’ll be taking delivery in a week. The Q3 fiasco was a stressful nightmare I hope many of you never have to go through. Good luck all.

That’s awesome Rodrique, good luck. I’m scheduled for delivery 10/21 but trying to get them to move it up to 10/20 or 10/19 as long as the car arrives on time and is ready. If successful perhaps I will see you there.

Reactions: Rodrique78
So my wife and I had some business in Midtown this morning and planned to eat lunch at the Flying Biscuit after. However we found out there was a gay pride event going on in Midtown which had every restaurant packed and traffic worse than usual. So we headed to the FB in Sandy Springs to meet our daughter and her boyfriend (ug) for lunch. That meant we were quite close to Alpharetta so after lunch we headed to the Service Center to check things out. Busy but not crazy. The guy there (tall mustache guy) did tell me Alpharetta delivered over 500 Model 3s last month making it the busiest Model 3 Center on the east coast. Took this photo of several large crates that apparently contain Model 3 batteries b/c I found it interesting. 8 days and counting until I take delivery, can’t wait!

Attachments

• 64BD4DBA-ED56-4636-9E53-09BD0988C698.jpeg
    64BD4DBA-ED56-4636-9E53-09BD0988C698.jpeg
    243 KB · Views: 164
Reactions: Rodrique78
That’s awesome Rodrique, good luck. I’m scheduled for delivery 10/21 but trying to get them to move it up to 10/20 or 10/19 as long as the car arrives on time and is ready. If successful perhaps I will see you there.
Awesome man! My car is supposed to be on the truck with a 10/19 arrival date. Just checked the account and both VIN and MVPA appear. On track for a late morning pickup next Saturday. Now time to stress over if I’m going to wrap her in PPF or let her be. Just moved to ATL so not sure if it’s even needed down here.

Awesome man! My car is supposed to be on the truck with a 10/19 arrival date. Just checked the account and both VIN and MVPA appear. On track for a late morning pickup next Saturday. Now time to stress over if I’m going to wrap her in PPF or let her be. Just moved to ATL so not sure if it’s even needed down here.
I am probably going to wrap at least the front on mine - I have had a number of issues with rocks and debris being tossed my way on the interstates around here - so something to consider. I have had to replace 3 windshields over the last 8-10 years. I try to avoid being behind any of those dumptrucks that are the typical culprit - but the times that I had the windshields majorly impacted - they came out of the blue - with nothing but cars in front of me - so you just never know.

Did anyone else’s order switch from 18” aeros to 19” sports wheels without their input? This happened on Friday night.

Called Tesla on Saturday afternoon to find out what happened. They said, “We have a promotion right now. Those wheels are free. Selecting these wheels will also expedite your delivery.” I mentioned that this change was without my knowledge or input, and that I did not want these free wheels. She advised that I fill out a change request via email. This already irks me because it makes it look like I ordered these changes, delaying my order.

I’m very worried about making the Decemeber 31st delivery deadline, as it’s now October 15th, and my manage page does not reflect the order I put in myself on October 7th.

I love this company’s ambition, vision and product, but this first impression of customer service is concerning.

Order originally was on October 7th:
RWD
Black
18” Aeros
EAP

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Did anyone else’s order switch from 18” aeros to 19” sports wheels without their input? This happened on Friday night.

Called Tesla on Saturday afternoon to find out what happened. They said, “We have a promotion right now. Those wheels are free. Selecting these wheels will also expedite your delivery.” I mentioned that this change was without my knowledge or input, and that I did not want these free wheels. She advised that I fill out a change request via email. This already irks me because it makes it look like I ordered these changes, delaying my order.

I’m very worried about making the Decemeber 31st delivery deadline, as it’s now October 15th, and my manage page does not reflect the order I put in myself on October 7th.

I love this company’s ambition, vision and product, but this first impression of customer service is concerning.

Order originally was on October 7th:
RWD
Black
18” Aeros
EAP

I totally understand your position on this. They shouldn’t monkey with your order without at least sending you an email saying “hey we’re running a promotion on 19” wheels so we’re upgrading your order for free, congrats!” Or something like that. However, FWIW, if I were in your shoes I would take the free 19” wheels if it is going to expedite your delivery. Sure it impacts range slightly, and when you go to replace the tires it will cost slightly more, but none of that is significant when compared to the possibility of losing half the tax credit because of a delay. Just my $0.02, best of luck to you.

Nice, and congrats! I’m still on schedule to take delivery next Sunday 10/21 followed by a 1000+ mile business trip that begins the following day. Can’t wait to use the fool out of auto pilot!

The EAP works great but go easy for a while after calibration. It isn't that hard to get into mode confusion between Traffic Aware Cruise Control and EAP. One you need to steer and the other you don't. Watch the indicator and make sure you don't forget to steer in the TACC.

The EAP is a bit of a nag about hands on the wheel. But both work great on my car. It will also take a few minutes to figure out the target speed the system is capturing. There are times when you want to go between the two.

Best of luck picking up the car. I'm delighted with mine so far. I wish I got free turbine wheels but I agree that they shouldn't monkey with the orders without prior notification. I can't complain about price as I got the red at $1K and the 2 motors at $4K as well as the free data services.

• Informative
Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
Status
Not open for further replies.