Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Attn: Matte Wrapped Tesla Owners - Any Regrets?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello!

I'm debating doing a full wrap on my MX when it arrives and I LOVE the look of the Matte XPel Stealth wrap. I'm also going to powder coat my rims matte black (exterior car color is dark blue). I also love the look of the shiny car style without the matte.

My question to anyone who has a matte wrap, do you regret it? Do you still love the look of the dull finish? Is it harder to clean or no different than doing a standard clear wrap? If I decide not to go matte, I'll just do the front part of car in a clear wrap.

Thank you in advance.

No regrets here, but I didn't fully matte my X. I have X white where I "deleted" all the chrome. White with black rims, went for the panda look.

Attachments

• IMG_0970.jpg
    IMG_0970.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0970.jpg
    IMG_0970.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0934.jpg
    IMG_0934.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 111
I have a matte wrapped car. Not XPEL, but vinyl. LOVE it. Don't use regular car wash soaps as they can add gloss back to the wrap and add it back in an uneven manner, wouldn't look good at all.

I use several specific wash methods/products. Here is my care video. I do also show products for gloss cars, just skip that part. Unless you decide to not wrap it with matte product.

Thanks Erik

20170903_123940.jpg