Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AU Tails for Tesla Mobile Charger - Where can I get/buy them for my UK Tesla Charger? (8A and 12A)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi - Firstly, I'm new to the forum so apologies in advance if this is not posted in the correct thread. I have a Tesla Mobile Charger from UK which has the local UK plug adapter on it - these are included with all Teslas sold in the UK. I have brought it back to Australia with me so I can use with my locally purchased Tesla Model Y - Australians sold Teslas no longer have the mobile charger included. Is it possible to buy the AU tails for the Tesla Mobile Charger? Thanks in advance

Thanks for your reply Greg. That's kinda what I assumed at first, but then realised there are two different tails in Australia (8A and 12A), and in UK there are different tails for standard home power socket (10A) and the blue 32A connector - so I wasn't sure if there are any smarts built into the black plug that goes directly into the Tesla Mobile Charger. The cable for the UK plug is quite heavy - almost as heavy as the main cable that connects to the car, which seems to heavy to attach a standard Australian plug to. (Not sure if I can purchase a more heavy duty plug from an Eelctrical wholesaler?)

A standard 3 pin is 10A in NZ and Aussie. Afaik we have a common electrical standard so the other garden variety plug would be 15A, is a 10A with slightly different prongs so they are incompatible.

I have an idea what T are up to with 8 and 12. Those could be continuous draw derating numbers.

Probably best to take it to an electrician. Your "10A" may be a bit hot for Aussie standard 10A.

The other thing to do would be ask over on the Aussie section. They are lumped into Asia/Pacific in the Regional Forums down at the bottom of the big front page list above NZ.