Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio installation recommendations in either LA or SF Bay Area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking to have an (NVX, Sound Qubed, or similar) amp and subwoofer installed in my Model S and was wondering if anyone has an installer they'd recommend?

Mobile installation would be ideal, but quality and value come first

Thanks in advance for any thoughts

Highly recommend Guru Electronics / Car Audio in San Jose.

The owner drives a Model S and their techs work on Tesla's all the time.

They installed a full NVX kit for me in 3 hours 30 min start to finish and the install is flawless. Price was one of the best in the Bay Area too.

Just had the work done earlier this month.

No idea. I think you just want to make sure the place has worked on the Model S before. The way you run the power cable through the firewall is more convoluted than on most ICE cars. Guru said that only their lead tech is able to do work on the Teslas.

I am surprised that a shop will charge so little considering the job takes 3-4 hours at minimum but if the shop has done the job before then I don't see what the risk is.

Any relevant updates? I'm thinking it's about time to do something to the standard audio (MCU2) on our 11/13 built S85. Would like to do the following:

• upgrade the front speakers to an 8" component set
  • add and tune a DSP/class D amp (small and low energy consuming) not sure if 4 or 5-channel makes sense with the center speaker now that it seems to be the nav/alert speaker.
  • sound deaden the doors and other beneficial areas like the wheel wells...car ride is not as quiet at 130K miles as it was when it new.
I'm assuming the price of labor has gone up over the years and I'm sure there are more outfits who now have more experience with Teslas too.

EDIT:
I should add that our music tastes run the gamut:
60% classical/orchestral/instrumental
20% 90s/2000s R&B/hip-hop/rap
10% pop/rock/90s alternative
5% EDM
5% folk/bluegrass

Hoping to get enough bass from the larger front component woofer and would like to refrain from adding a sub, but some of the amplified DSPs can do 4-channel + 1 mono. Perhaps I'd go that route and add a small sub if I change my mind.

Last edited: