Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio/sound on 2020 Raven long range S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Wol747

Aug 26, 2017
Tea Gardens
I became aware this morning that the blinker "clicks" came and went. Sometimes there were no clicks, sometimes they started and stopped and sometimes they restarted after a few seconds. The green blinker icon worked normally.
While I was pondering on this I realised that there were no voice commands coming from the GPS although the map was working normally and the IC indications were fine.
Later on while sitting at a supercharger watching a TV news programme the sound kept cutting in and out every so often. Since it was an OB - and an election programme - I didn't pay much attention, but now I'm putting the three sound issues together.
I haven't tried a reboot of the MCU because I want to see if this recurs. Any ideas?

Probably the MCU having a bad day, and just needs a reboot. I have the same year and model. The blinker sound disappears if you are using the blinkers while rebooting, so if the MCU is having a bad day, it may silence the blinker. Make sure you haven't turned the volume all the way down or muted the Navigation voice if the GPS isn't sounding normal. Assuming the volume isn't set to zero, you can try the voice command, "Unmute voice guidance". The TV news program cutting in and out could be anything, but also could be the MCU having a bad day.