Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio Source Selection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[/QUOTE] Using XM on it is awful. No more channel list, favorites are all funky and still cant cycle 1 channel at a time from the steering wheel. Why can't a long button press be assigned to that & and short press cycle favorites? Seems like common sense to me.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, the 8.0 audio "upgrade" seems to be a big downgrade as far as I can tell. It looks washed-out, what happened to the pre-sets?, how do I easily change XM stations?, what has happened to the ability to advance a station on XM with the left steering wheel roller?, why is it so non-intuitive...at least to me? IMO, it's dangerous now, I have to reach over to the screen to advance/change things that I previously handled on the steering wheel. Am I missing something here? Help.

Has anybody found a work-around for the audio source selection issue? The last time I checked the scroll button still doesn't work for that. I have to take my eyes off the road and reach over to the touchscreen, which causes more distraction than I would like.

Any ideas?

Outside of writing Tesla I don't think there's anything we can do. Between this and phone calls dropping when I adjust volume on the steering wheel, I would rather go back to 7.x than stay on 8.x
Extremely disappointed as my car's functionality has regressed the last couple updates more than it has progressed. Cmon Tesla fix this stuff!!!!!!

Tesla doesn't appear to be doing any usability testing with their software. User interface improvements seem to focus more on the appearance - not on the usability.

It's pretty easy to do usability measurements - having typical users run through a series of operations and measure how long it takes to do each operation - and how many screen interactions are required per operation.

Removing source selection using the scroll wheel is an obvious step backward in usability. What was quickly done from the steering wheel now requires multiple screen interactions - something that reduces safety when the driver is performing the functions while the vehicle is in motion (which is why other manufacturers limit user interface functionality while the car is moving).

Reactions: SeminoleFSU
I can't or don't want to believe it was taken out intentionally unless it was got buggy in the UI overhaul. But it should be back by now. This is one of those low hanging fruit things you do... IMO due to the safety aspect it should have been prioritized above 5 band EQ even though I do love that